Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

I AM SO F***ING SICK OF THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<>

Come to think of it...I do upgrade the Windows Media player whenever there's something new, and fix security holes. Your point is well-taken: perhaps one of these fixed the problem. Or more likely, screwed up the way it was supposed to be so that instead, it worked correctly http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/smile.gif

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hello all, I'm a brand spanking new member here and last night I experienced the same feelings that dino123 had when I lost my reply info a couple of times. I really like the fact that there is not a flame war mentality here at this particular site. You folks certainly have a great community going here with a good vibe. People have a certain sense of pride within a community of this caliber but care should be taken to not venture into the realm of "foolish pride". This problem is the only one of its kind I've seen on a UBB board. You should really listen to a newbie like myself or dino because there's really nothing to prejudice us away from anything but the truth. There's no engrained politics because we don't know anybody. This site "is what it is" to us. An excellent, excellent site with a really annoying problem that needs to be fixed.

Oye vay. I made repeated requests with UBB tech support (see the links to their support board above as well as this one ) and they said there is NO fix for this! Again, we have the LAST upgraded version of the UBB 5.x series, 5.47e, and other sites have LOWER versions or they have a 6.x version which I believe helps eliminate this problem since you have to "log in" at least one time (but you can stay logged on for a year).

I may try and push the upgrade issue sooner than I anticipated but we may not have the staffing to figure it out!

I hate using IE, Netscape is so much more user friendly and thoughtfully designed.

Unfortunately, it would seem a non-crashing version of it is now impossible - and now there's the ever annoying "you must update your browser to view this webpage" bs if I try to use an old version.

Ridiculous. The new Gecko-Java version is even worse; I like it, but it only worked for about a day before it crashed, and continued to crash, regardless of what I did (save reinstall). Oh well.

------------------

New and Improved Music Soon: http://www.mp3.com/chipmcdonald

Guitar Lessons in Augusta Georgia: www.chipmcdonald.com

Eccentric blog: https://chipmcdonaldblog.blogspot.com/

/ "big ass windbag" - Bruce Swedien

another new poster here, like Parisongs and dino321 (only his 35th)

some serious anger, but the most entertaining post i've ever seen.

i understand the logic in trying to get a solution for a solvable problem. i haven't searched back, but i'm sure the poster used normal topic headings previously, and this one got the attention of the people that ... earlier didn't have the info he wanted. it's probably not the socially correct way, but i read every word of every post, i'm sure tons of others did that didn't post, and some people with answers (?) did.

it hasn't happened to me yet (lost posts), but i guess i'd just redo it. 2 minutes- okay 10 tops.

really great site. i've read bass player etc. for years, but never knew about musicplayer until it was mentioned in the digidesign forums (pro tools- also good forum). nearly every question i've had has been asked already, plus good new topics fly by every day!

exclamation points and cursing add drama to a boring tech problem like ubb.

Originally posted by wager47:

really great site. i've read bass player etc. for years, but never knew about musicplayer

Welcome aboard and stick around! There's a very high signal-to-noise ratio here, and lots of really friendly, knowledgable people.

It's kind of a testament to these forums that we could take a potentially explosive-like subject (like how this one started out) and turn it into something which is actually pretty civil! I haven't seen that on any other forum on the net. http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/smile.gif

wager47 wrote:

i understand the logic in trying to get a solution for a solvable problem. i haven't searched back, but i'm sure the poster used normal topic headings previously, and this one got the attention of the people that ... earlier didn't have the info he wanted. it's probably not the socially correct way, but i read every word of every post, i'm sure tons of others did that didn't post, and some people with answers (?) did.

Quite true wagner47. I always try to treat everyone with respect and courtesy but this time I was overloaded with frustration. My title did get attention and promoted discourse. That is what I intended.

kudyba,

Im sincerely sorry for any frustration Ive caused you. I do understand how difficult a job you have. I had just written a very long detailed technical answer to a post and lost it all. Since I do this from work I dont know when or if I will have time to reproduce it. I hope that at least by bringing this up again it will be fresh in everyones mind when a solution is found since many seem to have experienced it. This is a great board and very professionally run. For now I think Ill just compose posts in Word and paste it in.

Thanks,

Dean Alan

What a thread, what a chuckle...HAHAHAHAHHAHA!

I wonder how some of you folks would react to a REAL problem.

Hey, I have had an intermittent problem the the @$#! Spellchecker. Sometimes it worked fine, othertimes it litteraly crashed my broweser and I too lost the message I was trying to post.

Well instead of waaa, waaa, waaaing about it for two fucking days...I just changed my work habit.

If I want to spellcheck...I just cut/paste into Word and then back into the forum...NOT A BIG DEAL.

Try the same thing and your problem is solved...no more lost messages. If the browser shits the bed...you still have your message in Word (or whatever you use).

KILL THIS THREAD!

miroslav - miroslavmusic.com

"Just because it happened to you, it doesn't mean it's important."

I don't understand the backlash here about trying to improve the way the forum works. Sure, this place is great, and the people on it make it a true gem for myself! But there is nothing wrong with providing positive feedback to the administrators on ways to make it better. There is no doubt that the people behind running this forum are doing a bang-up job, but I think that it would be *nice* to see some improvement in the way that the form kicks back incorrect logins.

-Dylan

Archived