Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Soundcard vs. Soundcard

Which provides more bang for the buck? I can get either the yamaha sw1000xg or the korg oasys pci for $499. I am big into recording mostly new age type music w/few vocals, but would like to get into maybe recording for local artists. Any preference or advise would be appreciated. Thank you...

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a pair of Midiman Delta-1010's. They give 8 analog ins & outs, with a pair of S/PDIFs. They run about $600.00, or $700.00 with bundled software (Guitar Center, MARRS, Sam Ash).

If you were considering a mix of features, look at the MOTU 2408 "MK-II". It is pricier, but gives a blend of MIDI interface and built-in mic preamps.

I know these weren't your original choices, but I found both of these cards to have beeter specs. than the other cards in the class of "pro-sumer".

This message has been edited by AudioMaverick on 06-10-2001 at 02:23 AM

"It's all about the... um-m-m, uh-h-h..."

I hate to be a guy to correct anyone but I hate to mislead people also. Just a note, the MOTU 2408 mkII has no midi, or mic preamps. It does feature 8 analog I/O, 24 adat and t/dif I/O, stereo spdif I/O, and word clock I/O. Very versatile unit, but not an all in one box.

This message has been edited by mix2much@excite.com on 06-10-2001 at 05:40 PM

Glenn Halldorson

Premiere Radio Networks

I would recommend the Aardvark Direct Pro 24/96. It's got 4 in's, accept either XLR or line inputs, has mic preamps, S/PDIF, 6 outs, MIDI in/out, all for 500 bucks. Of course it ain't a sound card, it's just a PCI interface going to an external box of I/O, but I own one and it works beautifully for me.

Archived