Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Protools LE for PC and Motu 2408

I was just curious if Icould ditch the digi 001 and use a motu 2408 in protools LE. I know protools free works on just about anything, but I wasn't sure if the same applies for LE. Anyt input and/or experiences posted are greatly appreciated.

Thanks-

Glenn Halldorson

Premiere Radio Networks

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nope, with ProTools LE you'll have to use your Digi hardware. Welcome to the wonderful world of proprietary hardware + software!

-Dylan

Originally posted by mix2much@excite.com:

I was just curious if Icould ditch the digi 001 and use a motu 2408 in protools LE. I know protools free works on just about anything, but I wasn't sure if the same applies for LE. Anyt input and/or experiences posted are greatly appreciated.

Thanks-

Here's another hopeless thought but what the heck: Does anyone know if the digi 001 will work in other multi track apps, and if so which ones have you tried?

Glenn Halldorson

Premiere Radio Networks

Originally posted by mix2much@excite.com:

Here's another hopeless thought but what the heck: Does anyone know if the digi 001 will work in other multi track apps, and if so which ones have you tried?

Yes, there is an ASIO driver for the 001 (Mac only) that I believe was made by Steinberg. It supposedly works well with most ASIO apps (i.e., Cubase and Logic). A buddy of mine uses this setup with Logic and loves it.

-Dylan

Originally posted by mats.olsson@rockfile.se:

What about ProTools Free + 2408?

BTW, I use Mac, please repond with info on both platforms.

/Mats

I haven't used PT Free on Mac, but I'd suppose that it would work fine with the 2408 as long as the MOTU has Sound Manager drivers. If you've got the 2408 your going to be better off using AudioDesk (included with the 2408), Digital Performer, or really anything else on the market. Personally, I find PT Free to be probably the worst audio app that I've ever seen on the PC. I like full blown PT Mix systems, but PT Free is very cumbersome and slow when compared to everything else available (even shareware). I uninstalled it only hours after installing it. Don't let the name fool you...ProTools free is not anything close ProTools Mix, or even the Digi001 for that matter.

-Dylan

Archived