Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

EQ- I get it for the articles !

Thanks be to the Internet gods who smiled favourably upon those of us who wish to discuss music and it's creation, as professionals ! EQ and this site have become an invaluable resource for me, all of my EQ's have a "shrine" next to the "throne" (which is where all good reading materials end up in time, it's kind of a rite of passage !)

Keep up the good work !

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Funny, I was doing some early Spring cleaning and decided that my collection of trade magazines HAD TO be reduced.

I have them all,...EQ, Electronic Musician, Keyboard, MIX...and I had about 10 YEARS worth of magazines piled up!

Well I sorted through each and every issue of every magazine, looking for articles that might be of future interest/value.

Anything that was, I saved, along with the last two years of every magazine, because of relative current technology topics/gear, (this still left me with a rather large pile).

When I got to my EQ pile...(I have every issue since its inception, with the exception of one or two Postal Service screw-ups)...I stopped.

Hmmm...what to do?

Well, I still have every EQ issue, just couldn't bear to throw any out!!! Will have to find a good storage space soon.

(True story, I'm not just trying to suck up)

This message has been edited by miroslav on 02-21-2001 at 10:08 AM

miroslav - miroslavmusic.com

"Just because it happened to you, it doesn't mean it's important."

>>Well, I still have every EQ issue, just couldn't bear to throw any out!!! Will have to find a good storage space soon.<<

I'm the same way, EQ is becoming the "National Geographic" of the recording set .

I might have to get a scanner or something just to keep the paper down...I'm running out of shelf space...

>> I might have to get a scanner or something just to keep the paper down...I'm running out of shelf

space...>>

That's a big problem here. It becomes obsessive after a while. Since I've moved into a smaller place, I've unfortunately given away a lot of my recording magazines. It's really nice to get rid of clutter and simply have *less stuff* -- it feels good -- but it's also a shame to see a complete collection go.

Craig, i think you had an idea a while back when SSS was on AOL -- that or it was an email -- where you would take some of the articles that you wanted to keep and put them in a ring binder. Do you still do that?

------------------

Ken/Eleven Shadows/d i t h er/nectar

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

music*travel photos*tibet*lots of stuff

"Sangsara" "Irian Jaya" & d i t h er CDs available!

http://www.elevenshadows.com

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, my current collection of mags includes Keyboard, Guitar Player, Mix, EQ, EM, Recording, old RE/P stuff, odd issues of other guitar magss, some British mags (SOS, etc) and I came up with a solution to the storage thing. Buy a house with a BIG covered side patio, install shelves and box them up. My collection goes back into the late 1970's. My wife wants to kill me for this, but I tend to keep everything. You never know what you might need later. I have them all boxed and cataloged so I can get to whatever I want whenever I need something.

I'll really will be happy when web based magazines get more popular, but that won't "sit" well with the "throne readers" out there! http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/tongue.gifhttp://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/smile.gif

Phil O'Keefe

Sound Sanctuary Recording

Riverside CA

http://members.aol.com/ssanctuary/index.html

email: pokeefe777@msn.com

>>Craig, i think you had an idea a while back when SSS was on AOL -- that or it was an email -- where you would take some of the articles that you wanted to keep and put them in a ring binder. Do you still do that? <<

That was actually referring to manuals, but I also clip articles and put them in 8.5 x 11 envelopes. Usually an entire year of a magazine will fit in one envelope. Saves a lot of space!

Archived