Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Midi Guitar to trigger Giga?

Hi Craig and Folks,

Has anyone any experience with midi guitar interfaces to trigger GigaSampler or better yet, the ESX24 sampler(Logic's answer to Giga)? I just heard a demo MP3 on Emagic's site of a nylon string guitar and it was very tasty indeed! I am purchasing Logic Platinum this week and will be using a SBlive. Want to use DAW live as a sampler and in studio as well. Any thoughts/experience? Which midi controller etc?

Thanks

Eric

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't used those samplers, but I do own an Axon Ax-100sb (ands a Roland-ready Strat) and am quite pleased with it. I used to use a Roland GI-10 at a previous job, and for me the difference is night and day -- the Axon's tracking is FAR superior.

Unfortunately, online resources for MIDI guitarists seem to be virtually nonexistent http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/frown.gif Aside from a couple of mailing lists and some out of date sites with little info, there is nothing...

Perhaps MusicPlayer.com could fill this gap?

Sal,

This appears to be true as I have zero responces at this point on 5 different forums. I am happy enough with the sounds I hear from Giga sampler to give it a try. I'll be needing a sampler for my studio in any case for any keyboard players that may show up, so it isn't wasted money. But I will have to find someone with a midi guitar setup to try it before dropping more cash.

I have heard good things about the system you mentioned. Thanks for the tip.

Eric

Just wanted to say that I recently got a Roland GR-33. It tracks great, especially if you use the heel of your picking hand to mute the strings between chord changes/left hand position changes. There was a review of it in a recent Guitar Player mag and the reviewer used it with soft synths and had great results.

Archived