Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Cakewalk Console automation problems

Does anyone know if the soundcard has anything to do with the way console automation is handled with Cakewalk Pro Audio 8 in the WIN NT4.0 environment ????

I have a problem with simple snapshots...

Example:

I may change a one fader level at the 2 minute mark in a song. And this may be the only thing that I change in the song... Well, if I continue to listen to the song (playback only), eventually Dr. Watson pops up and I lose my mix.. I have a 400mhz PII, 192megs ram, so I figure that I have enough processing power, because I can run several effects simultaneously on several tracks... But when I get to a simple snapshot or pan movement, cakewalk 8 just trips out...

That is the reason why I wonder whether my sound card has anything to do with the way automation is handled... If so, I may need to upgrade to a soundcard that can handle whatever info may be sent from cakewalk to the soundcard... Thanks... http://www.mp3.com/soulsity

DMaxJ

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would bet anything that the problem isn't your soundcard. Windows NT was never my friend. I have no problem with snapshots crashing on windows 98se or ME. You have plenty of horsepower in your machine. Dr. Watson is generally a software conflict.

Glenn Halldorson

Premiere Radio Networks

Archived