Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

protools to adats

I have just bought the digi 001 and am running it with a new g4. I am having problems with the adat opitical 's. when I transfer something into protools its ok but when I try and go from protools to my 18 bit adats (gray faced) opitical one has clicks and pops in it. I have tried going out to the adats in a 16 bit session and a 24 bit session and I am running at 48k (same as the adats) but I still get pops. any info would be great all the best
t.v creates imaginary friends for lonely people.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Johnathon,

Usally clicks and pops are from the wrong clock settings. I'm not sure if the digi 001 is the similar to a Mix Plus system for this. But make sure Pro Tools is set to the right clock settings to send the signal to the ADAT's(optical).

------------------

This message has been edited by fast_traxx@hotmail.com on 01-14-2001 at 03:16 AM

Hi I figured out the problem it seems that I have to have the adat light pipe out and light pipe in conected to the adat at the same time and on the adats have it set to ext sync, in protools I have to have optical set in hardware. The one problem with this I have though is that I wanted to go out from protools to the adat's and to the optical in of protools with my appogie at the same time.
t.v creates imaginary friends for lonely people.

Archived