Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

opcode hardware

The software driver for my Opcode Studio 128X MIDI Patchbay is apparently incompatible with the Win ME operating system on my new computer. Opcode "Support" has failed to respond to e-mails regarding this, despite my being a registered user.

Can anyone comment on:

1) Win ME compatibility wit the 128X or where to find a driver, hacked or not?

2) Has Opcode really abandoned it's customers to the point that they won't support existing PC hardware/software (alas, I had OMS and Vision), also, won't even answer e-mail??

Thanks!

fitzo

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by fitzo1@ameritech.net:

Has Opcode really abandoned it's customers to the point that they won't support existing PC hardware/software (alas, I had OMS and Vision), also, won't even answer e-mail??

Opcode exists on paper only. Gibson bought them out and fired everyone in 1999.

Enthusiasm powers the world.

Craig Anderton's Archiving Article

Fitzo,

I just sold my Opcode/Music Quest 8port SE for the same reasons. There aren't drivers for WinME or Win2000 and I doubt there ever will be.

Good Luck,

Mike

-Mike Martin

Casio

Mike Martin Photography Instagram Facebook

The Big Picture Photography Forum on Music Player Network

The opinions I post here are my own and do not represent the company I work for.

>>There aren't drivers for WinME or Win2000 and I doubt there ever will be.<<

Sad, but I agree. FYI I'm using the Opcode MIDIport 32 USB with my Powerbook and it's working just fine.

But you'll probably want one of these new-fangled interfaces with super tight timing anyway..sigh.

Archived