Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Gear questions - need advice and suggestions please.

Okay everyone, I have a few gear questions and I'd like to solicit your opinions.

I'm thinking about getting yet another new computer and using it as a DAW platform. It will be at least a P III / 850 MHz with at least 256 MB RAM and two HDD's. The purpose of this machine will be SOLELY for digital audio, and specifically for running a multitrack DAW program. I already have Logic Audio Platinum and Vegas, and I'm thinking about getting Pro Tools.

I want to use this machine with my Yamaha AW4416. I am currently running the AW with 2 ADAT LX-20's so I can get 32 tracks, but hate waiting on lockup time. So I'm thinking about locking up a computer multitrack program and subbing that for the ADAT's (which I'll keep for accessing data from legacy projects that are already on ADAT tape).

So, here's some questions: Will a MOTU 2408 Mk II be a nice interface? I know it has ADAT sync in and 24 channels of lightpipe I/O, and runs at 24 bit resolution. Any user comments on this device? Any other alternatives you might suggest that offer 16 channels of lightpipe I/O and good sync capabilities? I don't need analog I/O's, just a minimum of 16 channels of ADAT lightpipe I/O.

Also, Digidesign's web site sux IMHO. So I'm going to call them in the morning and try to get some more info, but I thought I'd ask you all as well. I'd like to know if there's a "native" version of Pro Tools that offers at least 24 tracks. I see that there is the "Digi Toolbox XP" that comes with an Audiomedia III card and the 24 track Pro Tools LE software. I really don't want / need the Audiomedia III card - do they offer just the software or do I need to buy their card too in order for the software to run? From the website, it LOOKS like LE is host based, but I can't find any info on pricing for just the software without the Digi 001 or Audiomedia interfaces. Also, can PT directly address MME devices like the 2408 and all of its individual ADAT outputs?

I've got gobs of DirectX plug ins, and would prefer not to have to buy lots of RTAS plug ins that would replicate what I have already spent big $ on. Can PT export / import .WAV files? If so, I could process things in other apps and then bring them back into PT ... a kludge I know, but might save some $.

Any other DAW programs that you might suggest beyond those mentioned here will also be considered, but some clients are asking for PT and will be using PT systems on their tour busses, so I guess I'll have to really get into it one way or another.

As always, I really appreciate you all, and any comments, opinions and suggestions are welcomed and greatly appreciated!

Phil O'Keefe

Sound Sanctuary Recording

Riverside CA http://members.aol.com/ssanctuary/index.html

email: pokeefe777@msn.com

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by pokeefe777@msn.com:

Okay everyone, I have a few gear questions and I'd like to solicit your opinions.

I'm thinking about getting yet another new computer and using it as a DAW platform. It will be at least a P III / 850 MHz with at least 256 MB RAM and two HDD's. The purpose of this machine will be SOLELY for digital audio, and specifically for running a multitrack DAW program. I already have Logic Audio Platinum and Vegas, and I'm thinking about getting Pro Tools.

As always, I really appreciate you all, and any comments, opinions and suggestions are welcomed and greatly appreciated!

Phil O'Keefe

I don't know that much about the other stuff: ProTools and whatnot. However, I do know quite a bit about PC equipment, and I would advise you to choose an AMD Athlon platform instead. The processor itself is faster, it uses a faster front-side bus, and it's memory is faster too. In addition, it is SIGNIFICANTLY less expensive than an intel platform. I just priced a 1-GHz Athlon Thunderbird with a cooler and an Asus A7V motherboard (very highly regarded and includes an ATA-100 controller on-board) at $341, and a 256-MB PC133 DIMM at $117. If you are not technical, trust me when I say this is a very effective platform and one that I am helping a friend build for HIS DAW. If you are technical, then email me and I will go into more detail about how and why it is faster and explain a bit about computer design (I'm an electrical engineering student with a musical hobby).

That all said, I could really use YOUR advice as an experienced audio engineering type: I just posted a subject titled "I could really use some help picking CD-R equipment..." that details my situation. In brief, I'm trying to decide what sort of CD-R to put in that friend's DAW and why. I'm between an IDE CD-R, an HP SCSI CD-R, and this Tascam pack that includes a (slower) SCSI CD-R, a controller card, and software. I'm torn on two fronts: first of all is SCSI worth it anymore, and second of all is the software that tascam includes worth paying more for a slower CD-R? If you can help me, please do read that topic as I went into quite a bit more detail.

Good luck, and thanks for your reply in advance,

Jake

Jake:

Thanks for your response, I was starting to think no one loved me anymore since no one had responded! http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/smile.gif

As far as the CD-R issue you're facing, I think it is really going to depend on what your friend is going to be doing with his DAW. If he wants to be able to do "Red Book" compliant CD masters (suitable for use by duplication houses / manufacturing labs) then he is going to need a drive that is supported by pro level CD burning software, such as Steinberg's Wavelab or Sonic Foundry's CD Architect. Adaptec, Nero, CeQuadrat and other such programs that are usually bundled with CD-R drives won't cut it for this level of burning.

I know that a lot of software doesn't support all of the CD-R/RW's out there. I use Sonic FOundry's Sound Forge with the CD Architect Red Book compliant burning software (running as a DirectX plug from within Sound Forge) a lot, and it prefers SCSI CD-RW's, although IDE stuff is starting to be supported. HP drives are on the list for Sound Forge, at least as SCSI, and a lot of people seem to like them.

So, my advice is to make sure that whatever editing software you're using supports whatever drive you're planning on putting in.

As far as SCSI, I THINK it's still marginally faster, but the newer IDE drives are getting better and better. I'm using IDE for my HD drives, without complaints. Cheaper too. Just make sure it spins at at least 7200 RPM.

Don't settle for CD-R - get a CD-RW drive. you'll use it for a lot more than burning CD's for duplication. Backups of files are nice with CD-RW, and more enviromentally friendly, since you don't have to throw out the "old" backup versions - just reuse the same CD-RW disks.

As for me, I've had a lot of AMD stuff in the past (WAY back!) and it worked fine, but I'm a little worried about compatibility. Seems that some pro level music programs don't like AMD chips for whatever reason. Maybe the new Thunderbirds are different. So, I just got back from the store where I got a PIII 933 Mhz (and saw your response to my post - oh well!) I went with the Intel just to be safe - I want to make sure I can run all of the software I've spent thousands on, and the Intel (while it may be slower) as never been unacceptable to any of the software companies.

A 933 MHz PIII should do everything I need it to do (at least for a couple of years...), and it is much faster than the current 500 MHz I've been using.

Anyway, thanks again for your response, and I hope this helps you with some of your questions. Let me know if you need any more info regarding all of this.

Phil O'Keefe

i guess you've taken care of the computer part. i have a 2408 but i run it on mac with motu software so im not sure how it will do on a pc much less with PT software, logic it should work fine. its a great routing box but you would have to get 2 to get your ADATs and AW4416 hooked all together, you'd even have 16 extra ADACs. also if somebody brought a DA-X8 in your could get it hooked in also.

does the digi 001 not get you what you need either? you might want to get that if your needing PT, its got like 16 optical tracks doesnt it?

alphajerk

FATcompilation

"if god is truly just, i tremble for the fate of my country" -thomas jefferson

Thanks Alpha...

No, the Digi 001 only has 8 optical channels and no ADAT sync. And according to tech support at Digidesign, you can only run one digi 001 per machine.

I sure wish they'd do a native version of PT that would allow you to access any standard hardware, and not just the digi stuff, and while they're at it, a version that also had DirectX compatibility.

Thanks for the info on the MOTU - I appreciate it.

Phil O'Keefe

Jake:

Thanks for your response, I was starting to think no one loved me anymore since no one had responded! http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/smile.gif

No problem. I know the feeling! :P

As far as the CD-R issue you're facing, I think it is really going to depend on what your friend is going to be doing with his DAW. If he wants to be able to do "Red Book" compliant CD masters (suitable for use by duplication houses / manufacturing labs) then he is going to need a drive that is supported by pro level CD burning software, such as Steinberg's Wavelab or Sonic Foundry's CD Architect. Adaptec, Nero, CeQuadrat and other such programs that are usually bundled with CD-R drives won't cut it for this level of burning.

I know, for certain, that both drives support Red Book (I checked the Hardware specs). I also know that my friend is getting Wavelab with his Cubase bundle (I just double-checked with him). So, as long as Wavelab supports the HP, I'm good to go. In fact, after writing that last line, I went into another window and checked out the steinberg site, and indeed, the HP 9600si (the model I was looking at) is supported by WaveLab! *CHEER*

I know that a lot of software doesn't support all of the CD-R/RW's out there. I use Sonic FOundry's Sound Forge with the CD Architect Red Book compliant burning software (running as a DirectX plug from within Sound Forge) a lot, and it prefers SCSI CD-RW's, although IDE stuff is starting to be supported. HP drives are on the list for Sound Forge, at least as SCSI, and a lot of people seem to like them.

So, my advice is to make sure that whatever editing software you're using supports whatever drive you're planning on putting in.

As far as SCSI, I THINK it's still marginally faster, but the newer IDE drives are getting better and better. I'm using IDE for my HD drives, without complaints. Cheaper too. Just make sure it spins at at least 7200 RPM.

No problem here. I'm getting him an IBM 45GB 7200 rpm UATA-100 hard drive. I've had very good luck with IBM HD's, and I'm sure this will be just fine, particularly because it will be on it's own controller bus - that motherboard I mentioned has two controllers: one for UATA-66 and below, the other for UATA-100 only! http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/smile.gif

Don't settle for CD-R - get a CD-RW drive. you'll use it for a lot more than burning CD's for duplication. Backups of files are nice with CD-RW, and more enviromentally friendly, since you don't have to throw out the "old" backup versions - just reuse the same CD-RW disks.

Both of the drives in question are CD-RW's. I don't know of ANY current drives -for computers, I know little about audio rack drives- that don't have RW ability.

As for me, I've had a lot of AMD stuff in the past (WAY back!) and it worked fine, but I'm a little worried about compatibility. Seems that some pro level music programs don't like AMD chips for whatever reason. Maybe the new Thunderbirds are different. So, I just got back from the store where I got a PIII 933 Mhz (and saw your response to my post - oh well!) I went with the Intel just to be safe - I want to make sure I can run all of the software I've spent thousands on, and the Intel (while it may be slower) as never been unacceptable to any of the software companies.

A 933 MHz PIII should do everything I need it to do (at least for a couple of years...), and it is much faster than the current 500 MHz I've been using.

Anyway, thanks again for your response, and I hope this helps you with some of your questions. Let me know if you need any more info regarding all of this.

Phil O'Keefe

I have asked many, many people who have worked with the latest Athlon systems about incompatibilities. I heard about some when the Athlon first came out.

It turns out that this was the result of shoddy motherboard/chipset design and crappy drivers. These problems were ALL taken care of within a month or two of the Athlon launch (over a year ago). The key is that the Athlon and any Pentium use the EXACT SAME BYTE-LEVEL CODE. Therefore, they are exactly compatible, even though they don't process the code in the exact same way. It's hard to explain and even harder to understand if you aren't a processor engineer (or at least a hard-core enthusiast), but trust me when I say, they are 100% compatible with no bugs.

How much did you end up paying for the 933-MHz Pentium III? Did you buy a pre-built system, and if so, by whom?

Thank you as well for your responses. I am really glad I found these forums as I have already learned a ton about some of the details that are very hard to pick up on these matters.

On another subject, what would you say is the best way to learn advanced music programming? I understand the basics of MIDI sequencing and most forms of synthesis (I took a signals & systems class that thoroughly explained filtering and modulation), but I am having a hard time understanding some of the advanced stuff like sequencing aftertouch and control commands, a lot of effects (I get the idea behind stuff like reverb and delay but I'm not really sure how to actually use it), envelopes, arpeggiators, etc. Can you recommend any way of learning these minute details?

http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/smile.gif

Jake

This message has been edited by eris23007@hotmail.com on 01-11-2001 at 07:24 PM

Suggestion 1: Return the PC and buy a Mac.

Suggestion 2: Buy an APC BackPro UPS to keep your Mac (or PC) happy with clean power.

Suggestion 3: If you insist on sticking with Wintel, consider upgrading to Windows 2000, if your software permits. Then buy some Tums.

The 2408 is a solid and flexible unit, but the converters will not sound as good as the AW4416's. My 2408 is in the shop to have the power supply replaced, but the price of the repair is negligible. I use the 2408 with Logic but haven't been able to reduce latency to the degree that I would like (which is one reason why I prefer tracking on the AW4416). If all you're looking for is a way to get tracks into and out of the computer, the 2408 will make you very happy. It syncs easily to ADAT's (with an ADAT sync cable), but you'll need a digital timepiece if you want to sync it to Tascam DA-x8's (not fun).

This message has been edited by dansouth@yahoo.com on 01-11-2001 at 01:28 AM

eris23007 said:

>>The key is that the Athlon and any Pentium use the EXACT SAME BYTE-LEVEL CODE. Therefore, they are exactly compatible, even though they don't process the code in the exact same way. It's hard to explain and even harder to understand if you aren't a processor engineer (or at least a hard-core enthusiast), but trust me when I say, they are 100% compatible with no bugs.<<

Believe it or not I actually understand what you're saying here (I used to be a hacker years ago, back when that was a positive term, for a large research company), and I should have looked into it a bit harder before making my purchase, because I could have saved some money! The last AMD I had was a 5X86 @133 MHz, so we're talking a long while back, but it was fine with all the programs of the day. A lot of software manufacturers say stay away from the Athlons, and I had heard about the early problems, but I didn't realize it was board and driver related... oh well, live and learn.

>>How much did you end up paying for the 933-MHz Pentium III? Did you buy a pre-built system, and if so, by whom?<<

I used to just build my own systems, but I didn't for my last two systems because I just don't have the time anymore. Between owning a studio (and working about 60-70 hrs a week in it on sessions), having a house and a third of an acre of property to take care of, having 4 dogs, two kids (actually, young adults, one of which is dating a guy who's the Lead Singer of Alien Ant Farm, who's getting ready to go out on tour with Papa Roach and Orgy, so she's pretty bummed and high maintenance at the moment - see http://www.musicplayer.com/CDA/Player/Main/1,2000,News--5141319,00.html for more info on them courtesy of this site), and oh yeah, a wife who I'd like to see more of, I just pay the extra $$ and try not to lose any more sleep over it - with my schedule, I get little sleep as it is! At some point, my time is worth more than the few hundred I'd save by making it myself, although it's nice to be able to config the thing the way YOU want it, instead of tweaking a pre-config'd system.

I got a Compaq Presario 5005 SR, and bumped the RAM to 256 MB (for now), and I'll be yanking their generic CD-RW and putting in a HP, and adding a second HDD for "audio only" use. I think I paid $1,100.00 for it. By the time I get everything into it (audio cards, new CD-RW and second HDD, it will be about a $2,200.00 investment, but about $600.00 of that is in audio cards...

I think I'm going to go with a Frontier Dakota / Montana dual card setup for the audio. I already have a Tascam US-428, which gives me analog outs for monitoring, and as soon as it's supported in more apps I'll be using it primarily as a fader control interface.

The Compaq has a audio card on the motherboard, but I disabled that, and I yanked the LAN card since I don't need that either. The 5005 SR is supposed to have a 200 MHz system bus, and if you want more details on it, you can check it out here:

http://athome.compaq.com/default.asp?ProductLineId=441&page=families

I don't need the analog interface (line inputs & A/D converters) of the MOTU, and I have not had a client bring in a DA-88 in several years, so I don't really need that either. Just the lightpipes.

On to your OTHER questions:

>> On another subject, what would you say is the best way to learn advanced music programming?<<

If you're talking about writing code, learn Assembly language and C and all of its versions, but I THINK you're referring to "programming" sequencers, drum patterns, et cetera, correct?

>>I understand the basics of MIDI sequencing and most forms of synthesis (I took a signals & systems class that thoroughly explained filtering and modulation), but I am having a hard time understanding some of the advanced stuff like sequencing aftertouch and control commands, a lot of effects (I get the idea behind stuff like reverb and delay but I'm not really sure how to actually use it), envelopes, arpeggiators, etc. Can you recommend any way of learning these minute details?<<

Well, when it comes to understanding the MIDI side of things, I still think "the Bible" is "MIDI For Musicians" which was written by our esteemed host and moderator, Craig Anderton. I have NO idea if it's still in print (HEY CRAIG, IF YOUR'RE READING THIS, WHERE CAN HE FIND A COPY?) but it's WELL worth the effort to locate it. NO, you can't have my copy, it's MINE!!!! http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/tongue.gifhttp://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/smile.gif

Also, Craig did another great book called "Multieffects For Musicians" which is a must read for you. No, he's not paying me anything for saying this (and I wouldn't take a commission even if he offered because he's already done enough for me over the years with all the info - but hey, I'd better stop before someone flames me and accuses me of brown nosin' the guy), but his stuff is ALWAYS concise, easily understood and accurate. Check Amazon.com, since you can get dang near anything there.

I mean it, you HAVE to read these books. And I've been telling people about them for years, WAY before I started on this forum. Trust me on this, they're great!!!

And if you have any specific questions, be sure to drop me a line and I'll try to help.

Phil O'Keefe

This message has been edited by pokeefe777@msn.com on 01-11-2001 at 04:03 AM

Dansouth said:

>>Suggestion 1: Return the PC and buy a Mac.<<

Good suggestion, but do you know how much money I'd have to spend on crossgrades, etc? I've got more money in DirectX applets than most people have in their home studio setups.

>>Suggestion 3: If you insist on sticking with Wintel, consider upgrading to Windows 2000, if your software permits. Then buy some Tums.<<

Tums, Maalox, Motrin and Excedrin! http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/smile.gif I've been running Win 98 SE, although the new machine has ME installed on it... we'll see how that does. Some of my apps still don't run under WIN 2000, so I'll have to wait a while longer until I make that move. I always wait on OS upgrades until the dust settles a bit. My old (somewhat hodrodded) PPC has OS 8.6 on it, even though I have 9, I have not gotten around to installing it, and don't really see the need since it's at home being used for the wife to do email on. Q) Where do old computers go after they're too slow for the studio? A) Home to the wife for recipes and email use!

>>The 2408 is a solid and flexible unit, but the converters will not sound as good as the AW4416's.<<

So, I guess you've compared them side by side? I guess this "confirms" my statement in my AW4416 "review" that the converters sound pretty good... or are the 2408's just that bad?

>>I use the 2408 with Logic but haven't been able to reduce latency to the degree that I would like (which is one reason why I prefer tracking on the AW4416).<<

Logic on the Mac, correct? Silver, Gold, or Platinum? What version number? I love that sequencer!

>> If all you're looking for is a way to get tracks into and out of the computer, the 2408 will make you very happy. It syncs easily to ADAT's (with an ADAT sync cable), but you'll need a digital timepiece if you want to sync it to Tascam DA-x8's (not fun).<<

Yup, all I need it for is 16 channels of lightpipe I/O to/from the computer into either ADAT's or the AW4416. Have you used the 2408 to lock to the AW? How does that work for you? What method are you using - MTC? What are you using the AW for, a home studio or something else? What are your impressions of it? Any gripes?

I NEVER sync to DA-X8's anymore, so that's pretty much a non-issue. I don't need the converters either, so I'm going to get a Frontier Dakota and Montana for the new machine. I ordered it today, and should have it in a few days. Craig seems to be pretty happy with his Dakota, and why get and pay for features I don't want / need?

Thanks for the suggestions Dan, I really appreciate it. Let me know what you think of the AW, and what you're doing with it when you get a chance.

Phil O'Keefe

Believe it or not I actually understand what you're saying here (I used to be a hacker years ago, back when that was a positive term, for a large research company), and I should have looked into it a bit harder before making my purchase, because I could have saved some money! The last AMD I had was a 5X86 @133 MHz, so we're talking a long while back, but it was fine with all the programs of the day. A lot of software manufacturers say stay away from the Athlons, and I had heard about the early problems, but I didn't realize it was board and driver related... oh well, live and learn.

I used to just build my own systems, but I didn't for my last two systems because I just don't have the time anymore. Between owning a studio (and working about 60-70 hrs a week in it on sessions), having a house and a third of an acre of property to take care of, having 4 dogs, two kids (actually, young adults, one of which is dating a guy who's the Lead Singer of Alien Ant Farm, who's getting ready to go out on tour with Papa Roach and Orgy, so she's pretty bummed and high maintenance at the moment - see http://www.musicplayer.com/CDA/Player/Main/1,2000,News--5141319,00.html for more info on them courtesy of this site), and oh yeah, a wife who I'd like to see more of, I just pay the extra $$ and try not to lose any more sleep over it - with my schedule, I get little sleep as it is! At some point, my time is worth more than the few hundred I'd save by making it myself, although it's nice to be able to config the thing the way YOU want it, instead of tweaking a pre-config'd system.

I got a Compaq Presario 5005 SR, and bumped the RAM to 256 MB (for now), and I'll be yanking their generic CD-RW and putting in a HP, and adding a second HDD for "audio only" use. I think I paid $1,100.00 for it. By the time I get everything into it (audio cards, new CD-RW and second HDD, it will be about a $2,200.00 investment, but about $600.00 of that is in audio cards...

First of all, if I were you, I would avoid Compaqs like the plague. Not only does Compaq make their hardware proprietary, but they also use their own custom version of windows, which is why you see "Compaq" on the Windows startup splash screen. If you can still return it and get a different one, even if you stick with Intel, do so.

As for operating systems, I've used Win2K, Win 98 SE, and plenty of Macs. My roommate also has Win ME. Of them all, I would have to say Win 2K is BY FAR the most stable (note that linux is not included in this lineup: it beats the crap out of Win 2K, but almost no sound programs support it http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/frown.gif ). Believe it or not, ME is actually MUCH worse than 98 SE about crashing, so whatever you get, if you refuse to use 2K, get a copy of 98 SE. You can even do this if your system came with ME: just find a 98 CD, get all your driver files in advance, reformat your HD, and start over. This is actually a good thing to do anyway to ditch all the crap they put on there that you totally don't need.

I know a lot of people talk about how great Macs are. I don't buy it for audio, any more. Macs crash just as often (my Dad has a G4 tower, and the damn thing crashes all over the place. Hell, it doesn't even handle standby mode right) as most windows systems. Granted, the worst windows systems are worse than the worst Macs, but whatever.

I'm sure that last one will start a flame war, but... oh well. Mac vs. PC has been a huge flame war as long as I can remember. Tell you the truth, I DO believe that Macs are better for video editing.... http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/eek.gif

I think I'm going to go with a Frontier Dakota / Montana dual card setup for the audio. I already have a Tascam US-428, which gives me analog outs for monitoring, and as soon as it's supported in more apps I'll be using it primarily as a fader control interface.

The Compaq has a audio card on the motherboard, but I disabled that, and I yanked the LAN card since I don't need that either. The 5005 SR is supposed to have a 200 MHz system bus, and if you want more details on it, you can check it out here:

http://athome.compaq.com/default.asp?ProductLineId=441&page=families

I don't need the analog interface (line inputs & A/D converters) of the MOTU, and I have not had a client bring in a DA-88 in several years, so I don't really need that either. Just the lightpipes.

On to your OTHER questions:

If you're talking about writing code, learn Assembly language and C and all of its versions, but I THINK you're referring to "programming" sequencers, drum patterns, et cetera, correct?

Correct. I already know a fair amount of Assembly, C++, and various other languages of that ilk.

Well, when it comes to understanding the MIDI side of things, I still think "the Bible" is "MIDI For Musicians" which was written by our esteemed host and moderator, Craig Anderton. I have NO idea if it's still in print (HEY CRAIG, IF YOUR'RE READING THIS, WHERE CAN HE FIND A COPY?) but it's WELL worth the effort to locate it. NO, you can't have my copy, it's MINE!!!! http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/tongue.gifhttp://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/smile.gif

Also, Craig did another great book called "Multieffects For Musicians" which is a must read for you. No, he's not paying me anything for saying this (and I wouldn't take a commission even if he offered because he's already done enough for me over the years with all the info - but hey, I'd better stop before someone flames me and accuses me of brown nosin' the guy), but his stuff is ALWAYS concise, easily understood and accurate. Check Amazon.com, since you can get dang near anything there.

I mean it, you HAVE to read these books. And I've been telling people about them for years, WAY before I started on this forum. Trust me on this, they're great!!!

And if you have any specific questions, be sure to drop me a line and I'll try to help.

Phil O'Keefe

Thanks for the info. I will get those books, and I'm sure they'll be WAY useful. I had something else to say, but I don't remember what it was and I have to get going now, so.....

http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/tongue.gif

Jake

This message has been edited by eris23007@hotmail.com on 01-11-2001 at 08:12 PM

Archived