Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Craig: your setup

in a recent article you mentioned that you are using the da7, frontier dakota, & ADATS. i would appreciate knowing what software you typically use. my situation is this; i am running logic 4.5, froniter dakota and montana, 600 athlon, 256 ram, 2 9 gig, scsi HD's. da7 mixer, light pipe all the way. at present i cannot track in logic unless i send the headphone mix from the input channels due to the latency of the dakota. 512 buffer setting is the only one that works without break ups of the audio. i can currently get 16 bit and not 24 and 44.1 or 48 is ok. is this typical for this setup. curious to know if others are having this problem. is anyone tracking on adat and then flying into logic for editing?

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
this is totally weird. i just went into the studio to try the lower buffer rates again and to my surprize i can now do 8 channels or more, 8 is what i tested at 24 bit, 48 khz sample rate and buffers set to 64 in the dakota panel. how is this possible. i have tried this before and there was no way. pops and clicks and distortion were all i could get unless i went to 16 bit , 512 buffer . too weird for me. i don't know what to think now.

Archived