Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

AW4416 problem

Hi! http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/smile.gif

A friend of mine bought a Yamaha AW4416 the other day and he asked me to help him figure out how to use it. Well we have been trying for two days now and it's great fun. But there are a few things that I need help on. So if any of you know the machine....

I'm used to working on ADATs and they have this button "Auto input monitor" that lets me switch between the input signal and the signal that has been recorded to the track I'm working on. Let's say I've recorded a guitar overdub to a track and the player wants to try another idea without actually recording it. On the ADAT I just push the "Auto input monitor"-button so it's not lit. That mutes the sound from the track and he/her and me can hear the "new playing". I do this all the time but I haven't been able to find a way to do this on the AW4416. Have you?

Richard

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Richard,

Yes you can do that, unfortunately I don't have the machine in front of me and I only used it for a couple of hours at the shop (mine is on order) so I don't remember the exact details... but... seems to me like if you don't arm the track for recording (using the buttons on the right side), and you route the input channel to monitor using the input patch bay screen (and I think it is automatically set to monitor anyway), you should be able to hear it. No?

--Lee

Thanks Lee,

I will try it.. I think I did try it... well I tried lots of things. Can't hurt to do it again. We used the STEREO OUT as monitoring, and that was a little confusing. My friend has the right cables now so we can use the MONITOR OUT. I think that will be better.

Richard http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/smile.gif

Archived