Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Need PA recommendations..

I am in need of a recommendation for a practice PA system. It will mainly be for vocals for the time being. I will just be using it for rehearsal purposes with my band, however we have TWO drummers on full kits so I do need quite a bit of volume. The system I am using now is borrowed and I won't have use of it much longer. What do you sugest? I am thinking maybe a Peavey powered mixer and a couple monitors. Any help would be great. Thanks....

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm pretty sure that the Mackie powered system has more RMS power than the Peavey (based on the largest ones available). The Peavey system seemed like a contender in that price range/purpose, tho'. I think the Peavey has their "feedback finder" circuitry built in, which may give it an advantage in a small rehearsal area. The Mackie probably sounds better. Your choice...don't know if there are any others under $1000 or so.

[at least any that could keep up with TWO drummers]

Have you considered plexiglass surrounds for the drummers?

------------------

Larry W.

[This message has been edited by lwilliam (edited 06-21-2000).]

Larry W.

Also, keep in mind that I'm not looking to spend allot on a simple vocal PA system. Peavey powered mixers can be had for 400-500 bucks on e-bay which is around my budget. Do you guys think this would work for me? The drummers aren't mic'ed so, they aren't that loud ...yet.

Archived