Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

10,000 Points of Light - Music composition/ Recording

I think that is all of the component parts now then, isn't it??

A shame we couldn't get a chorus for some harmony backing vocals in the quieter sections, but given how much trouble we've had to get a lead together we're probably better leaving that (for now at least)...

Fa Fa FA Fa fa fa fa fa FA fa FA FA

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

John, you're going to have to refresh my memory as to how I get these files. I'm not firing on all synapses at the moment (various meds to conquer the bad-ass bug that got me earlier in the week).

Could you PM the directions to me?

Cheers!

a very groggy Spencer

"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way....BRUTALLY!!!!"

What? The keys tracks? No problem! I've got everything else DL'd onto my laptop (XP) and I'll have it all up and running tomorrow (still too groggy to attempt something like that today :freak: )

Cheers!

Spencer

Originally posted by Base:

A shame we couldn't get a chorus for some harmony backing vocals in the quieter sections, but given how much trouble we've had to get a lead together we're probably better leaving that (for now at least)...

If you would like some Backing I can do that..if no one else wants to...

FIL www.filjones.co.uk

I know you think you know what you thought I said, but what you think you thought I said isn't what I ment!

On the technical side, I always record at 24/48 and to swap files with a friend we use WINRAR, to compress the files, we have found that this seems to work really well and doesn't alter the wav in anyway that we have noticed.. Has anyone else tried this?

FIL www.filjones.co.uk

I know you think you know what you thought I said, but what you think you thought I said isn't what I ment!

Woo, back from the cold!

Originally posted by FIL-3:

On the technical side, I always record at 24/48 and to swap files with a friend we use WINRAR, to compress the files, we have found that this seems to work really well and doesn't alter the wav in anyway that we have noticed.. Has anyone else tried this?

That shouldn't be a problem. It's just that Monkey Audio, flac and shn are free programs you can easily download from the net, while WinRAR you do have to purchase.

cool, thx, I thought shn could only do 16 bit, and I havent used Monkey Audio, flac, not sure what they are, I will have to look at that stuff. I only mentioned this cos everyone seems to be swapping 24/48 wavs which at 78Mb a download is a bit big. Thx for the info.

FIL www.filjones.co.uk

cool, thx, I thought shn could only do 16 bit, and I havent used Monkey Audio, flac, not sure what they are, I will have to look at that stuff. I only mentioned this cos everyone seems to be swapping 24/48 wavs which at 78Mb a download is a bit big. Thx for the info.

From what John told me, for 24/48, Monkey Audio can do it, not shn or flac. That's what I used to transfer my keyboard files for this song.

Originally posted by Base:

If you would like some Backing I can do that..if no one else wants to...
If you haven't already done this now (sorry, was away all weekend!), I've certainly no objections and think some backing vox would flesh it out nicely :thu:

Don't know if Spence has already started the mixing bit tho...

Fa Fa FA Fa fa fa fa fa FA fa FA FA

Nope. I haven't started mixing yet. I'm still getting over that bug that incapacitated me last week. That, and I still don't have all of the files. I still need to grab the keyborad tracks and the new vocal from Alex (which I'm DLing as we speak)

Cheers!

Spencer

No technical problems per se, it simply took forever to acquire - 6+ hours for 76 megs. I'm on DSL, too....

But I got it, and all's well. I'm hoping to have everything very soon so I can start mixing! Gonna be fun!

Cheers!

Spencer

It's fine by me... I'm gonna have to spit the mixing over a couple of sessions, anyways. If you can get the tracks to John, he'll ensure that I get them. Try and record them at 24/48KHz, if at all possible - starting from zero.

Cheers!

Spencer

Originally posted by jlampson:

Spencer,

My export didn't work. I'll see if Ed can send you the tracks via yousendit.com

John

Um, when was I supposed to do this? :freak:

yousendit.com has timed out on a few files I've traded with others. We can try it, but I'd need your email addy, Spencer to do so. Do you have monkey audio?

• 2 weeks later...

BTW all, I haven't forgotten, I'm just trying to sneak mixing in when I can - between everything else on my plate. I hope to have it done soon (I have presentations due Saturday...mindnumbing, but time-consuming).

Cheers!

Spencer

If you are wondering what happened to the backing vox, well I didn't forget, but with the MP site being shut down, I lost touch + other problems. but if they are still required I can definatley do some.

FIL

FIL www.filjones.co.uk

Archived