Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

10,000 Points of Light - Music composition/ Recording

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unless I get to sing like a slightly deranged Kermit the Frog, I won't physically be able to.

Very weird. I can't sing in my own voice, but impersonate a strung out Kermit, and I'm freakin' amazing :confused:

Cheers!

Spencer

"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way....BRUTALLY!!!!"

Hi John,

Yes I remember you from the other forum. I would love to a lead vocal for your song. I'm just not which mp3 to use. I downloaded the piano mix/newgtr2 . mp3 and I'll add my vocals to it. I am so happy to be a small part of this great project. I'm not sure about giving you 24 bit files. I'll check my software program.

Pauline

Hi Pauline, great to have you in, though I have to admit to being slightly disappointed that we won't get to hear John & Spence's Kermit-style duet :D

Will record and get my track up tonight!!!

Spnce, can you check your PM's again?

Fa Fa FA Fa fa fa fa fa FA fa FA FA

Spence, er, slight problem!

I posted in the Guitar Forum about using GT2 to get the .wav in the format you need, but the only replyer tells me I can't do it in there. It's the only recording software I have, is this a serious problem or do you have any means of converting it??

Posting here instead of PM's in case anyone else here can help??

It's not a good idea to try to upsample like that. Most likely you'll just have to submit a 16-bit, 44.1khz file. Spencer's app can probably handle the mix of 16 and 24-bit files in it and will probably convert it to a 32-bit floating file anyway, so for one or two tracks, it's probably not a big deal.

Spencer will give you the final word on that.

-----------

John\'s Songs

If there's no other option, do it at 16/44.1. It's not ideal, but I'll re-sample the file to 48 when I get it. Send it to John, and I'll get all the files from him at one time.

Are there drums recorded? It'd be cool if there were...

Cheers!

Spencer

"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way....BRUTALLY!!!!"

Ok, I'll look into upgrading my software for any future trips in here, sorry *very small voice*

John, how is it easiest to get the file to you?? I can put it on my web space and give you a link again or is there anywhere else you want me to upload it??

Base,

That's probably the best way. Do you know how to use lossless compression tools like MONKEY'S AUDIO? That's the best route to ensure we get your file exactly like you intended.

------------------

Also, I've sent a PM to Offramp, who originally offered drums for this track, to see if he is still interested. I'm hoping to know sometime this morning so we can roll however we need to.

John

-----------

John\'s Songs

No, but I just googled it, not a lot of info more than the link there but I can download it when I get home this evening, is it fairly simple to use?

I posted in the drum forum early on, I'll try again and see if I can get some volunteers....

It's very easy to use. Just compress the WAV file and then send the resulting APE file to your upload directory.

EDIT: I accidentally said Shorten when I should have said Monkey's Audio. Search for Monkey's Audio instead and download the newest version.

-----------

John\'s Songs

Originally posted by jlampson:

offramp is not going to be able to join us on this one. We still need a drummer or a MIDI drummer. Post here if you're able and willing.

I've sent Dave Sisk a PM and he's up for it! Yay, human feel! :D

And someone with less than 100% metronomic time to make my bass playing sound tighter - why are clicks so embarrassingly dead on the beat? ;)

Alex

OK, I have uploaded a lead guitar track in both wav and compressed ape files to:

http://www.snowlock-photography.co.uk/Music/FoF3/

I recorded it against the most recent mix that John put up (NICE keyboard solo BTW!!!! :thu: ), so I hope that fits together with everything else ok!!! I also dropped the lead lines out of the arpeggiated section so it doesn't cut into the synth/strings (also sounding very nice!!!).

Good to hear Dave's in, I tried the drum forum again but to no avail (does anyone look in there?!?!?)

Pauline is sending me the file. I'll take the compressed files and put them up on a super secret spot tonight that only Spencer knows about. I may post an ultra rough mix based on the new files mentioned above. Give me time, peeps.

Also, yes, the keyboard solo rules!

-----------

John\'s Songs

Sucks Llama nuts, doesn't it, when are they going to let me bring a guitar to work :(

Are all of the tracks recorded now then, or are any left to do??

Anyone have any opinions on titles???

Pauline is not going to be doing vocals on this one due mainly to some technical issues and the construction going on in her apartment building.

Picker did respond and say he was interested, however, I have not had a lot of luck getting a timely response from him. I'm sure we could always get Tedster to sing it, but it would be nice to have some different people involved.

If any of you know Picker, please let him know to get in touch with us or if you know of someone that has the technology and stuff to lay down some vocals, point them over here.

-----------

John\'s Songs

Archived