Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Title for the Tsunami project (incl website title)

Vote for what you think is the best title. If you don't like any of the options please vote for the one you hate the least ;)

If someone has a killer idea they want to mention, then here's the place as well.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys,

Please see HERE

for a rough template of the website.

We wanted in your face, to the point, simple and the ame stands out which I have registered www.Music4Asia.tk as the domaine already.

Music4Asia sounds good i think.

What do you think and please point out mistakes, grammer stuff like that to me as I am tired now.

Thx

Comment on an otherwise effective web presence:

but also contributed to sad loss of life needlessly.

We have set up this page to raise awareness that many people from around world, no matter what religion, creed, race or nationality can come together and help raise money for aide.

comes across as very political, or at the very least, states someone (or some Govt) made a major mistake.

Is this the intent of this song/web presence???

Steve Force,

Durham, North Carolina

--------

My Professional Websites

Shars, since you asked, I took the liberty of re-writing the home page some, just to clean it up a bit. Hope it's OK with you...

"MUSIC 4 ASIA:

This website is dedicated to raising funds for, and awareness of, the people in Indonesia, Sri Lanka, India, Thailand and other countries in the Indian Ocean who were struck on December 26th 2004 by a Tsunami that not only devastated the land, but resulted in horrific loss of life.

We have set up this page to raise awareness, so that people from around the world, no matter what their religion, creed, race or nationality, can come together and help raise money for aide.

We have released a song that many musicians from all over the world have collaborated on, and have released it as a download that will cost £1.50.

100% of the funds generated will go to the agencies that are working in Asia to aide the many thousands of people who need clean water, food and shelter.

We hope that you will download this song and help us to help others at this most tragic of times in Asia.

Please do contribute as much as you can.

Thank you."

Back to me. I hope this is OK, just a few little fixes. Personally, I think "song" reads better to the general public than "track", and I feel song sounds more positive. JMO. Overall, I think the site looks very good.

How about instead of just "£1.50" as the rate, we set it at 2 Euros (or $1.50, whatever), simply for ease of use and calculation.

Still looking at the site... Good work!

Peace,

wraub

I'm a lot more like I am now than I was when I got here.

I will sort everything when Norman my designer gets back in the morning so nothing I can do till then as the email address needs to be sorted to.

I will also change the front page to what Warub has done and get the currency sorted but overall, its ok is it?

The new domain is now www.Musicians4asia.tk as the other one for some reason didn't work!

I need help with the Paypal account though and need someone to be incharge of all the funds.

I can't out of my own contractual obligations, (dont ask!) be responsible for these and also anyone know about tax issues for the US and UK as we need to resolve these as its a charity song so shouldn't have to pay anything to the goverment.

I need to get everything on the site by tomorrow evening the latest guys including at least 1 track so as to pitch it...is this possible guys?

I think we all have heard that 100,000 people have lost their lives so you can see this is getting pretty urgent if we want to get money out to people who need it.

Sorry for the pressure guys but I will be up all night to make sure I can do my bit in getting this all up and running so here if you need me.

Agreed. It will be easier to push the site and draw traffic if the song is in place. I have a few irons in the fire, some calls out, but the song is the steak, and I'm selling the sizzle, so to speak.

And Shars, I am still looking at the site, found this and re-wrote:

"News:

The map clearly points out the massive area the Tsunami struck. But it's not about the areas of damage as much as the sheer loss of life and livelihood caused. Men, women, and children who lost homes and neighbors, family and friends.

The major causes for concern now are getting as much help to the survivors as possible, and preventing disease and suffering for the many left without homes, clean water, food, medical care, and the necessities of everyday life.

And You can help with a small donation.

By downloading our song, you can do something to help the people left to rebuild their lives, and help the agencies that are working to make sure these people don't suffer more hardship and pain.

Please help us to help those less fortunate than ourselves. Thank you."

How's that? Oh, and on the "Contacts" page, possible is misspelled.

Peace,

wraub

I'm a lot more like I am now than I was when I got here.

Originally posted by The Sharster Of Crimbo Yet To Come:

...and also anyone know about tax issues for the US and UK as we need to resolve these as its a charity song so shouldn't have to pay anything to the goverment...

I would point out that in the united states you must be properly incorporated as a charity, and file a tax return (yes, even if you don't have to pay, you have to do a return to prove that you don't have to pay.)

I'm not an expert, but maybe there's a simple way for an established business to tack serving as a "pass through" gathering funds for distribution to something like the International Red Cross, onto their existence? Simple accounting - 100% of funds in = funds to Red Cross (or charity of choice)

:idea: Another poll - what established charity would we funnel to?

Hiya everyone,

Thanks for voting :thu: It's looking like Faces of Friendship is the favourite by a small margin.

If that turns out the winner I'm happy to buy facesoffriendship.com for the website if that helps :thu:

Archived