Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Tsunami song 1 - Marketing / Networking

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is definatly my domaine.

I have several avenues that I will need to persue but i cant do much till i get the track in my hands.

The suggested route would be the main relief agencies like Oxfam, Unicef, The Red Cross and the medical relief agencies.

I need to make sure that we have a track that I can pass on to their media departments and let them recieve all funds directly but my thinking is to setup an account for donations which we can get if we release as a MP3 and downloads will have to be payed for via a website which i am sure we can set up quickly...Anyone a web designer here? get intouch please.

We need as much free input as we can get and also anyone familiar with US Tax laws get intouch to as this has to be tax free as its a charity record.

I will also push the track to industry folk I know who I am sure cannot grudge us a little promotion as its a good cause.

One thing i will also need to point out, I need only 1 person and I nominate Nursers to Copyright the track and keep it safe before we do any promoting so as to protect all involved and also help with issues if they arise which they shouldn't.

My deadline is going to be 48 hours tops as of now so I can push this hard so as to get it onto the appeals that are going out all over the world.

I know its going to hard work and I need a team of people who are prepared to make phone calls, do emails, get radical with some of the suits and really push this and also people dedicated to make this happen.

This is an oppotunity for all of us to do some good and show people that we all do care and its heartbreaking.

Anyone with any promotional ideas,media and industry links please post here...i need your help as the pushing is the hardest part of getting this out there making it worth while for all the right reasons.

Thanks for all that Shars :thu::thu:

I am happy to be the copyright contact if there are no objections.

As far as web design, I might have some options there as well but if anyone else wants to cover that base I'd be more than happy. :thu:

Me. Sure I do HTML and I use like 2 snippets of PHP code that uses text files as the content, and places the file's contents where ever I put the code snippet...

but I can't develop a pay system, and my friend who knows PHP well enough probably can't...

Originally posted by Phait:

Me. Sure I do HTML and I use like 2 snippets of PHP code that uses text files as the content, and places the file's contents where ever I put the code snippet...

but I can't develop a pay system, and my friend who knows PHP well enough probably can't...

That's not a problem. I have shopping cart software that will fit the job just nicely - just need the site to put it into :thu::thu:

Alright, then let me know:

- where it'll be hosted, the FTP info

- navigation sections (about/download/etc/etc)

- section content text(s)

- overall design theme / title

- any other stuff to keep in mind

Shars, shall I leave it to you to give Phait a spec?

Suggestions so please pitch in.

1) track is a downloadable track via a website which is beingset up now for £1.50 per download (about $2 i think)

2) all funds split equally between all relief agencies.

3)I need people to help me push this track to radio, tv, news channels etc or i may get behind.

4)I need ideas for logos...anyone?

5) anyone have any other ideas i can work with? I have contacted all releif agencies so waiting for a reply and also have the word out there already that this track is on the way.

Shars...

I can definitely help with calls/emails/etc.

I am in NYC area, so there are many outlets close-by.

I may be able to help with Logo/art. Would this be:

Title only/title and "Artist"? And, to that, how would this be credited?

Music Player Singers? MP Relief Society? The Nursers Experience? :)

Format/file types?

I actually have a couple of basic ideas in mind...

Let me know...

Peace,

wraub

I'm a lot more like I am now than I was when I got here.

Hey all. Got a question or 2:

In contacting press on this, should we mention MP and the forums at all, or should we maintain this as a totally seperate entity, for promotional purposes?

And, apart from the charities listed on the site, what charity/charities are involved?

I need to include catch-all contact info. Shars, is your Email address OK for that, or should we set up a specific contact email... AsiaAid@yahoo or somesuch...?

Peace,

wraub

I reckon run with as much info as possible but we need to make sure we get permission from the moderators before mentioning MP. Nursers can help with this when hes up and about.

If anything its a 'Collaboration of like minded people in this time of sheer sadness and loss" and we need to remember the Logo, Music 4 Asia...Because We Care.

I am trying now to get the disasters committee appeal that was launched tonight involved.

I think we need to make it clear in all instances that 100%ofALL fund rasied is going to the relief agencies and NOTthe musicians who have put time into it.

Thats what will sell it to the various press and media companies.

The email account i set up (floating accounting) doesnt seem to want to work and no matter what i do, it wont bounce the emails back to me from Info@musicians4asia.tk or Help@musicians4asia.tk so still tryig to sort it.

I want the most secure form of account I can get to use for the Paypal account i want to set up but this is irritating to say the least.

Phait.

Nursers and I have been wondering where you had got to.

I need you, ofcourse I do and we are just transfering stuff to point to the new domaine in the morning.

PLease do have a go at the designs and see if you can do something special with what we have sort of worked out.

Of course we need you Phait!

I really would like to hand the whole website to you Phait so it frees me up to carry on promoting and pushing.

I haven't gotten all the info I need yet, how can I start? Sure I have the 'about' content, I need what I listed.

Phait, we definitely need you. Shars is working on the text as quick as she can - are you able to work on the actual design and use template text in interim?

Thanks heaps for all your efforts :thu:

Hey all. I didn't want to step on Phait's (or anyone's ) toes here. Just a sketch. I have some color variations of that one, but if I'm not to do it, I'll bow out.

Peace,

wraub

Originally posted by wraub:

Hey all. I didn't want to step on Phait's (or anyone's ) toes here. Just a sketch. I have some color variations of that one, but if I'm not to do it, I'll bow out.

Peace,

wraub

Hey wraub,

Go ahead and post it. Like music itself, things will chop and change as things are thrown into the mix. Phait will have final say but the more fuel the better :thu:

I'm preparing a press release for tomorrow. I will, of course, submit a draft for approval before I release it.

Just wanted to clarify a few things:

Any word on the official contact info (and any plans for a phone number as well as email)?

Any late word on charities involved?

Any word on fund distribution plans?

How long will the site be up for downloads, are the servers prepared for heavy international demand?

How long will the site be accepting donations, what other donation methods will be available?

I know I asked and Shars covered some of this stuff earlier, but I want to get a release ready ASAP, as we may still be able to get this in tomorrow's editions of the daily papers, as well as online agencies. This is all stuff I need to include (or have ready if/when contacted), and I can't just make it up.

Please advise... :)

Thanks!

Peace,

wraub

Originally posted by wraub:

I'm preparing a press release for tomorrow. I will, of course, submit a draft for approval before I release it.

Just wanted to clarify a few things:

Any word on the official contact info (and any plans for a phone number as well as email)?

Any late word on charities involved?

Any word on fund distribution plans?

How long will the site be up for downloads, are the servers prepared for heavy international demand?

How long will the site be accepting donations, what other donation methods will be available?

I know I asked and Shars covered some of this stuff earlier, but I want to get a release ready ASAP, as we may still be able to get this in tomorrow's editions of the daily papers, as well as online agencies. This is all stuff I need to include (or have ready if/when contacted), and I can't just make it up.

Please advise... :)

Thanks!

Peace,

wraub

Hey wraub,

That's brilliant! Shars is sleeping at least for next 3-4 hours. Can you wait that long for the info? I am waiting to hear from her web guy about nameservers so I can point the faceoffriendship.org domain to the right place. :thu:

Nursers,

what is the time frame for the actual song being available on the site? Reason being, I could get out a release early tomorrow AM with Shars' info that would more likely make the afternoon/evening papers/TV, but might be online sooner. Then, we could follow up with the later release about the song being added to the site, thereby doubling the possible placements. Just a thought.

So, yes, that's the long answer that I can wait on Shars. :D

Currently 10:43 PM local time.

Additional question: Any plans for other distribution of the song besides/beyond the web?

Peace,

wraub

Archived