Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

The Internotes Vol 2 Meat Market (form a group thread)

That sounds cool to me.

Reason why i asked was that Phil Jarvis is a Triathlete (YCB Bassist) and just took part in the World Championships in the GB team.

He did really well to and is competeing in the London Triathlon in Aug to so i wondered if you were another super fit athlete thats all. :D

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What I'm assuming--let's say, in boosh's case--is that I'll get a high-quality MP3 or WAV stereo file that I can dump into DP4.12, add a start marker or something (countoff?) to, record some drums, and then send either the individual drum files back or do a decent stereo mix of the drums and send those back for him to dump back into the project, or send them off to whoever's mixing. I'm on dial-up, so there'd be some time issues, but I think it could be done. Either that, or I'll just burn a CD of the files and get that in the mail.
I've upped my standards; now, up yours.

Originally posted by Christopher Kemp:

BTW - I can set up FTP access if need be. I had this going awile back, via a dyndns.org address to my desktop compy. It's definitely workable, and no bandwidth charges to worry about. ;)

For the newcomers, we were using a lossless compression called Shorten (free, cross-platform, click here for Windows or here for Mac, Linux, BeOS and Compaq Tru64 Unix versions ) which shrinks the files to approx. 50% of their uncompressed size. Move the shrunken files, then un-compress on the other end and voila!

Folks, Chris is right, Shorten is an excellent way of transferring files during the song creation process :thu:

More advice: it's often best to circulate an mp3 file of a rough mix rather than wav files - mp3 can be converted with various utilities (some DAWs can import them directly) and then you just send your original wav file (or Shorten file) to whomever's mixing.

To me it don't really matter if the file is Hifi Wav or very lowfi mp3,... I use stuff to make sounds and grooves and create cut and pasted songs. The final product is what counts and my style is funked up hiphop. Usually very lo-fi but highly funkable ;)

Fan, nu pissar jag taggtråd igen. Jag skulle inte satt på räpan.

http://www.bushcollectors.com

Originally posted by boosh:

To me it don't really matter if the file is Hifi Wav or very lowfi mp3,... I use stuff to make sounds and grooves and create cut and pasted songs. The final product is what counts and my style is funked up hiphop. Usually very lo-fi but highly funkable ;)

I lIke Funk!!! :thu:

Originally posted by Christopher Kemp:

More advice: it's often best to circulate an mp3 file of a rough mix rather than wav files - mp3 can be converted with various utilities (some DAWs can import them directly) and then you just send your original wav file (or Shorten file) to whomever's mixing.

I agree with this concept

Okay,...I'm wrestling wit some groovy beats Offramp send me. Am waiting for a guitar from Christophorus Kempus and when I have that I'll send it off to tha Jeebus to have it mingled with some of his Bass,.....Am witing some vocals for the tune. Called Dolly Parton to sing them but she couldn't get away 'cause she lives behind her mountains so I have to do them myself.

Maybe we could call ourselves "Bonanno War"?

Fan, nu pissar jag taggtråd igen. Jag skulle inte satt på räpan.

http://www.bushcollectors.com

• 2 weeks later...

Damn, am I like too late for this?

Anyone looking for percussion, let me know!!

congas, bongos, timbales, and a miriade of hand percussion stuff cowbellsX5, agogoX3, shakersX4,shekereX3, afucheX2, caxixixX4,quicaX2, talking drum, blocks X4, chimesX5, trianglesX4, tamborimX3, tamborineX3, and various indiginous rattles, pods, etc I can't list them all -any genre!!

I play em all, not just a hobby, well I guess it is unless I'm getting paid for it LOL.

Give me a week, and I can furish at least 3 tracks.

T

• 2 weeks later...

I was wondering the same thing.

Also Nursers, I have a question. Are all submissions for Internotes 2 to be songs completed by collaborative bands such as Double Post and TGOR or can they be any collaboration between forum members - such as a song myself & Sal have worked on? After all, we initially 'met' through this forum.

Originally posted by nursers:

Hey Bob, are we ok to announce your latest collaboration? ;)

Sure, I just didn't want to seem presumptuous...

But I guess it's official:

The Gods Of Rock have graciously offered to

let me join in their quest for musical mayhem...

I am, of course, humbled, honored

and rarin' to make some noise... :P

(God-Of-Rock-In-Training) Bob

Bob Phillips

20to20soundesign

Ah some underhand dealings going on then!? That's not unknown in the Double Post world! Do you know of our latest aquisition?

Congratulations TGOR, that's a fine signing you made there!

Good luck Bob, but be careful, they're a bit wild!

Originally posted by flyscots:

Ah some underhand dealings going on then!? That's not unknown in the Double Post world! Do you know of our latest aquisition?

Don't tell anyone!! It's our secret weapon!!

Double Posting since March 2002

Random Post Generator #26797

Archived