Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

The Internotes Vol 2 Meat Market (form a group thread)

Hi everyone,

Below are the details of individuals and groups interested in taking part in Internotes Vol 2.

For individuals the next step is:

1. Read through details of other individuals and work out who you may like to work with.

2, Make contact via PM, email or by replying on this thread.

3. When a group has been finalised, post the group members names on this thread.

4. Try to have groups finalised within the next 2 weeks or so?

For groups:

1. Start working on your music ;)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

James-Italy

Member # 31137

1. Location: Italy (But I'm American)

2. Instruments played: Vocalist, guitar

3. Preferred musical styles: Pop, rock, blues

4. Other skills: Songwriting, beer drinking

5. Comments: have full pro-sumer recording capabilities- Sonar, Yamaha 01x, and some pretty decent mics.

-----------------------------------------

YaCaBaby

Member # 39517

1. Your location: London England

2. Instruments played: Bass, Guitar, Drums and some keys

3. Preferred musical styles: prefer Funkystuff but all styles can be catered for

4. Any other skills (mixing / mastering etc): I can write and record within a day, which is not a problem as have my own studio setup at home

5. Any other comments: whatever you want, I can try and do.

--------------------------------

FunkJazz

Member # 36252

1. Your location: USA

2. Instruments played: guitar, bass

3. Preferred musical styles: up for anything

----------------------------

PBBPaul

Member # 30517

1. My location - Wisconsin, USA

2. Instruments played - Guitar

3. Preferred musical styles - Blues, Funky stuff, I'll give anything else a try too.

4. Any other skills (mixing / mastering etc) - Mixing, Producing.

---------------------------------

Henchman

Member # 12484

From canada.

I write.

Sing

Play Guitar

Mix

Produce.

---------------------------

Curve Dominant

Member # 8642

1. Your location: Philadelphia

2. Instruments played: vocals, guitar, bass, keys, percussions

3. Preferred musical styles: Urban

4. Any other skills (mixing / mastering etc): recorded and mixed in house

5. Any other comments: where do I send the mix to?

Bluestrat

Member # 31922

1. Location: North Carolina, USA

2. Instruments played: Guitar, Drums, drum machine

3. Preferred musical styles: rock, pop, blues.

4. Influences: Black Sabbath, AC/DC, White Stripes, Nirvana, Alice in Chains, Soundgarden, Howlin' Wolf, Lightnin' Hopkins

----------------------------

daklander

Member # 24477

1. Your location. So Cal, U S of A

2. Instruments played Acoustic Guitar. A bit of banjo, mandolin, resonator & electric guitar.

3. Preferred musical styles. Americana, Country, Southern Rock, Blues.

4. Any other skills. (Drinkin' 'n' druggin' 'n' watchin' TV) I can Mix a bit. Vocals Some Live Sound. Telling Lies.

5. Any other comments. Can supply some web space. Have a great CD label program.

-----------------------------

Boosh

Member # 33127

1. Your location - Amsterdam/Netherlands

2. Instruments played - Guitar,Bass,Keys,Synths and Blues Harp but mainly a vocalist. Rap/Funk/Reggae

3. Preferred musical styles

Funk,HipHop,Reggae,dance and Blues all mixed as long as it's new and daring.

4. Any other skills (mixing / mastering etc)- I mix and master all my own stuff and am a wizard with sampling and drumcomputers.

5. Any other comments - do I get free beers for this?

----------------------------------

TshakazBlackRoots

Member # 37885

1. Your location: England: Soon to go back home to Uganda (East Africa)

2. Instruments played: Bass and some Keyboards + drums.

3. Preferred musical styles: Roots Reggae + African fusion. I write hundreds of songs. I have a huge unreleased catalog.

4. Any other skills (mixing / mastering etc): I can programme, a little mixing.

5. Any other comments: Where can I find info on the past project? When do we start and what is involved?

YRH

Member # 21881

1. Your location.- Mexico City

2. Instruments played.- Synths

3. Preferred musical styles.- Techno-Pop

4. Any other skills .- composing and a little mixing and mastering

------------------------------

Duddits

Member # 37438

I play the piano and, by extension, synthesizer keyboard.

I have no preferred musical styles, but vary from classical to rap.

While I am a keyboard player, I am more of a composer these days than a performer.

Don't know if it's possible to squeeze me in -- if it is, great. If not, life goes on.

-------------------------------

Offramp

Member # 8716

1. Golden, CO.

2. Drums (primary, since '74 though I'm rusty); rhythm guitar, some bass, some keys, BGvox. SFX

3. Up for most anything except metal, rap, and what's passing as R&B lately.

4. Tracking/mixing in DP 4.12. Pretty good room to do mixing in. Patient ears. Working in and out of studios since '85.

5. Been awhile since I've done anything outside of my own little world, so my contributions may be questionable, but I'd like to give it a shot. Certainly won't be offended if you tell me all my efforts are suck.

Henrysb3

Member # 21217

I play guitar, keys, bass, trumpet, and harmonica more or less in that order. Jack of many, master of none. Right now, though, I'm limited to keys because of recent shoulder surgery. It's getting better, but will take a while - I go to the doc tomorrow and I hope he steps up my therapy.

I like all kinds of music and have jammed with just about every kind of player. I play predominately in the rock, folk, and blues vein.

I propose to add lyrical input, as that has been said to be my strength over the years.

My cyber skills are weak, but I've been using Cubase on a Mac with a Tascam US428. While I'm off work for my shoulder, which may be a while yet, I plan to get some of my stuff online. Since I installed broadband, I've listened to some of this forum's participants MP3's and am truly impressed.

K-thud

Member # 39680

1. Your location - Charleston, SC

2. Instruments played - bass, upright bass, backing vocals, can have a bash at the drums, also have a friend who's a killer harp player who would like to participate

3. Preferred musical styles - power pop/rock, alt. country, weirdness and noise (often all at the same time)

4. Any other skills - decent recording skills (CEP)and equipment

Christopher Kemp

Member # 26046

1. Your location - Georgia

2. Instruments played - Guitar, mess about with some percussion, have access to a keyboard to make weird noises

3. Preferred musical styles - Blues, Hard Rock (not metal, really)

4. Any other skills (mixing / mastering etc) - Mixing, mastering, etc.

5. Any other comments - mrrr.

Mile

Member # 6807

1. Your location : Slovenia, Europe

2. Instruments played : All kind of guitars and some keys

3. Preferred musical styles : Whatever you throw at me

4. Any other skills (mixing / mastering etc) : Some mixing and producing

5. Any other comments : Hmmmm... Maybe later

-----------------------------

Double Post

1. Musical style (if known)

Umm, a bit of a blend of lots of different styles with each member contributing their own flavour & ideas.

2. List of group members and instruments played.

Pauldil: Guitar

Rim: Guitar & keys

WOW: Guitar, bass & mixing

ibescotty: Bass & vocals

flyscots: engineering/mixing/playing with sounds, whatever you wanna call it!

DJDM: Keys & programming (part time member )

?????: Drums (identity withheld pending further talks!)

3. Person who will coordinate the collaboration process (if required)

That'll be me, although it is of course a team effort. Does that make me the producer?

The Gods of Rock

1. Musical style (if known) - Various

2. List of group members and instruments played:

Bunny - guitars, drums, vocals, just about anything.

Rog - mixing, synth wrangler, guitar?

Nursers - synth, backing vocals if desperate

Wewus - guitar, vocals

??Is there Gas in the Car - keys

3. Person who will coordinate the collaboration process (if required) - TBA

----------------------

Billster

Member #38924

Another latecomer.

Individual listing

1. Eastern Massachusetts

2. Guitar, some keys, singing at gunpoint

3. Jazz, rock, separately or together

4. Recording engineering, MIDI, drum programming

5. Using DP 4 for digital audio

------------------------

DafDuc

Member # 36922

Well, I clearly missed this.

If anyone has a keyboardist drop out, feel free to contact me:

1. Your location - Emmett, Michigan, USA

2. Instruments played - keyboards, keyboard bass

3. Preferred musical styles - blues, r&b, gospel, rock

4. Any other skills (mixing / mastering etc) can mix a little

5. Any other comments - some experience collabbing at homerecording.com and recordingproject.com - lotsa fun!

Daf

boosh, a month or two ago, you had a link to a small clip of some guitar work you did, which was pretty damn funky. I wouldn't mind adding something to that or anything similar you've got.
I've upped my standards; now, up yours.

Originally posted by offramp:

boosh, a month or two ago, you had a link to a small clip of some guitar work you did, which was pretty damn funky. I wouldn't mind adding something to that or anything similar you've got.

I can't really recall what it was but I can come up with something offcourse. You wanna do drums on that? Or Bass? ;)

Fan, nu pissar jag taggtråd igen. Jag skulle inte satt på räpan.

http://www.bushcollectors.com

Drums first AND bass if I can pull it off. Depends on how slap-funky it needs to be.

The piece I'm referring to was on a thread about a couple of regional top-notch players who were interested in working with you; you were quite taken aback by that, if i recall correctly.

I remember now ;)

I played with those guys a few time after people on here said that I shouldn't be afraid. I'm still working with them and we're writing a lot of stuff together. I thought they were way out of my league but as it happens we're on the same level. I dunno if that means that I'm as good as them or they're just as bad as I am haha.

I'm working on a very funky guitar/drumtrack right now,.....it's completely made of samples and fx,....If you're interested I can send it over when I'm ready with it. Have some gigs this weekend,.. all in a row and then I have to finish a remix for a band. After that I can finish this one.

I've only heard from James and Boosh; not seen anything from Boosh, yet, and I've downloaded some of James' stuff, but have been sidelined for probably the rest of this week by the accident.

I'm hoping to hear from more.

Okay,... for now : I'm having an awfully busy week but I'm working on stuff from Yacababy's band....

Cristopherus my man,... : Im working on this'Bluesy,sould mixed with hiphop track,... it's completely made of samples and I've written lyrics for it.

I'm sending it off to Offramp when I mixed it proparly,maybe you're interested in doing with it also(add guitars or noises). Maye he can do bass or drums?

It'll be ready about monday night I guess,...If no weird shit happens overhere,..today I ruptered my quadriceps for instance.

I have a little tune that will be ready for some input in about two weeks. Unfortunately I have two other gigs to prep for and too much other stuff going on to lead a project at the moment. If anybody needs some jazz/funk/blues/soul type guitar stuff done let me know. I'm not afaid to step out of my element either (listen to "I'm Free" from vol. I for example). :)

I'll do some PM's tonight. I have a lot of tune ideas that could use a human touch to flesh them out. I'm thinking:

• Instrumental
  • Pretty big to big whoomp-A$$ groove
  • I play guitar, I'd like a sax or horn or organ for melodic/harminc foil

If this sound like you, PM me before I try to PM you.

Thanks for letting in the latecomers. :wave:

Hey there Billster.

Been listening to some of your stuff and it reminds of Pat Metheny and i love it :thu:

If you want to send me some ideas, please do so, i can try and get some sax sorted if people in the group are intrested.

Anyone else care to join in please do IM me and the others that you think will fit in with what we all want.

I will contact everyone to touch base later on today but i have tons of promos to do right now as just signed a new band in the NL (Boosh and all dutch freinds, Silkstone is coming to the UK ;) ) so got to get some work done for them.

Originally posted by YaCaBaby:

Hey there Billster.

Been listening to some of your stuff and it reminds of Pat Metheny and i love it :thu:

If you want to send me some ideas, please do so, i can try and get some sax sorted if people in the group are intrested.

Anyone else care to join in please do IM me and the others that you think will fit in with what we all want.

I will contact everyone to touch base later on today but i have tons of promos to do right now as just signed a new band in the NL (Boosh and all dutch freinds, Silkstone is coming to the UK ;) ) so got to get some work done for them.

Nice,...Silkstones leadguitarist Frans van Essen is a very close friend of mine,in fact he lives 400 yrds from my parents house.....I've worked with him for several years. If you see him say hello to him and greetings from the cook who can open an electric door with his left leg. He'll know who you mean by that.

I am seeing Neils from Silkstone on the 24th of July when i fly out to Amsterdam so if your around, let me know as i am going to the Mega Beach Happening that day but alas on buisness so we can meet up later in the day as we are hoping to go and see Seven Eleven in the evening again on buisness but we can still meet up.

I'll let the guys know you said hello Boosh.

:thu:

Hi Gang!

Last time around I had equipment problems, but this time I should be ready for bear by early next week: I'm about to delve into PT (eek) with an Mbox, and a lovely little 12" iBook which should be here tomorrow. :) By next week, I'll have the RAM & FireWire drives I ordered (ahh...the glow of satisfied gear lust! :thu: ) and I'll be ready to jump in!

BTW - I can set up FTP access if need be. I had this going awile back, via a dyndns.org address to my desktop compy. It's definitely workable, and no bandwidth charges to worry about. ;)

For the newcomers, we were using a lossless compression called Shorten (free, cross-platform, click here for Windows or here for Mac, Linux, BeOS and Compaq Tru64 Unix versions ) which shrinks the files to approx. 50% of their uncompressed size. Move the shrunken files, then un-compress on the other end and voila!

Originally posted by YaCaBaby:

I am seeing Neils from Silkstone on the 24th of July when i fly out to Amsterdam so if your around, let me know as i am going to the Mega Beach Happening that day but alas on buisness so we can meet up later in the day as we are hoping to go and see Seven Eleven in the evening again on buisness but we can still meet up.

I'll let the guys know you said hello Boosh.

:thu:

I'll be around ;) I'll send you my phone number ;) Btw His name is Niels (Geuzenbroek) I think,...don't know him very well but we've drank a few beers one time. He must remember me because I'm the only white guy with dreads in our hometown .

awright, if Billster's stuff reminds someone of Metheny, I want to look into getting a piece of THAT action...I am a huge Metheny fan.

boosh, don't worry TOO much about getting it mixed. I'm looking forward to adding drums--and maybe some bass, depending on the style--to it.

I may be a bit tardy on getting to some of this, as I'm still working through a concussion from Monday night's car accident...not to mention a big dose of road rash (left knee, right shoulder, right hand, head) from hitting the pavement, which makes some movement a little dicey. But I need to work through it, so hit me with it.

OK, this weekend is major family time, but I'll try to toss some sketches together by Monday. How should I share for you all (YaCa, offramp)? You want e-mails with attachments, or should I post the sketches for download for now?

I also PM'd k-thud, and he has some interest, and maybe a harp player (I'm assuming harmonica)

Thanks for listening guys! Pat Metheeny? :love: Double thanks.

Tell you what, might be an idea to send each other the stuff by Attachments.

I dont mind adding Guitar maybe some bass work and will get onto my mate to add some sax.

I am starting this weekend so hopefully, work permitting, i'll have some kind of idea to you all on Sunday if not, i'll let you know.

Is that ok by you all?

oh and Boosh, yes his names Niels as i get it confused with Neil which is the english spelling.

We'll sort something out about meeting up a couple of days before i arrive.

Hows the YCB stuff going btw?

I am well looking forward to hearing what you have done to it.

Bill...your not a Triathlete by any chance are you as noticed your avatar.

Archived