Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

So....who wants what???

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Jim! :thu:

For those that are not aware of the original offer proposed; are you still willing to do two different levels of package preparation for the mailings? One would include the disk, a jewel box, and inserts; while the other would include the disk itself in a Tyvek sleeve without the jewel box?

Personally, working for the Post Office, I would not recommend the latter of the two unless one was ordering a bulk of disks that could be packaged in more secure packaging than a bubble wrapped CD envelope. I've seen a lot of shattered disks coming out of sleeves. The jewel boxes do get broke from time to time, but they do offer the disk some amount of protection. They are not as inclined to get placed on automated equipment while being more bulky in the packaging. Unless marked specifically NON-Machinable, do not automate, all mail is tried on automated equipment. Even still, if it is marked, some still end up on the equipment unless there is a special request for paid services such as "Special Handling" or "Insured" or "Registered" all of which cost additional postage, which I assure folks would not be included in the $5.00 as quoted; and especially not the $2.50 as quoted for the sleeve package.

Here is Jim's original offer for those unaware:

jackpine

Platinum Member

Member # 14904

posted 12-07-2003 10:15 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As the completely unofficial duplicator and fulfillment guy, here on the boards, I thought I'd offer you all my services.

Having done the last bunch of "Keyboard Corner" comp discs and before that the FATCO comps at the "Studio Business Forum" I'd be happy to do the printing, duping and mailing for your comp as well.

What I do for dB over at the Keyboard Corner is a full CD Package. Tayio Yuden Printwrite disk (with printing on disk), Bi-fold 4 page insert/cover, U-card, Jewel case, mailer, and postage anywhere on the planet for 5 bucks a disk.

For a cheaper solution you could go with just a disk(with printing) in a tyvek sleeve, mailer and postage for 2.50 a disk.

This is essentially just over cost for me.

The system is top o' the line microboards Saturn II. Set me back 7k, but I do a lot of duping.

Just though I'd offer......

LOL :D John

Their's tend to be indestructable, eh??? Usually you won't see an AOL broken disk show up in the mail, as we collect them that are broken and send them back to the company per their request in contract. However, if you notice, they have started using those fancy little tin can cases to mail in rather than sleeves.

This is an original quote made by Wewus in the Distribution thread.

The only thing I am giving permission for is for this CD to be sold at cost, through the MusicPlayer forums. There will be no profits.... and any other sales or promotion through any other websites is strictly against my wishes.
As has been discussed in the very early stages of this project, and Nursers is totally aware of MusicPlayers' positiion in not wanting to get involved with personal projects, it seems that JackPine, and anyone else for that matter, would be subjecting himself to legal liabilities to even accept money for one-offs; given Wewus's statement. I'll address more on the Distribution thread.

I'll take a CD. Do you have a paypal account, jackpine? We'll need to know how much the paypal charge is, in addition to the $5 for the CD.

When i get the CD, I'll post the wave files on one of my sites so participants who are short on cash can download 'em for free. Still, five bucks including postage is a helluva bargain! Thanks, jackpine.

Perhaps you should inquire with all members Bunny, as to whether they want their .wav files available for distribution in a public domain. I don't have a problem with .mp3 files, but .wav files tend to be an entirely different subject in putting them available in a free for all. If I haven't upset the entire crew of things by now, SOMA has been working towards the release of our own CD; to make available the .wav files for any and all might not set well with all... I personally don't like the sound of it.

I am not going to speak for the rest of the SOMA team members and if they, in unison, agree that it's okay to distribute our works in .wav format to the masses; then I'll humble myself for the sake of the respect I have for the members of the SOMA team and allow it to be.

Originally posted by Bunny.:

I'll take a CD. Do you have a paypal account, jackpine? We'll need to know how much the paypal charge is, in addition to the $5 for the CD.

When i get the CD, I'll post the wave files on one of my sites so participants who are short on cash can download 'em for free. Still, five bucks including postage is a helluva bargain! Thanks, jackpine.

Bunny, whatever you want to do is cool. Please disregard any quotes from Anita. You have your own label, so I trust your judgement on this.

Hey, I gotta have two, with onions, pickles, cheese and jewel cases!!! I want to hear what everyone did on this project and though I have heard most of the tunes, there may be one or two that slipped through the cracks.

Just lemme know where to send the money and I'll send out a check.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

ME: "Nobody knows the troubles I've seen!"

Unknown Voice: "The Shadow do!"

Originally posted by Wrave:

Hey, I gotta have two, with onions, pickles, cheese and jewel cases!!! I want to hear what everyone did on this project and though I have heard most of the tunes, there may be one or two that slipped through the cracks.

Just lemme know where to send the money and I'll send out a check.

I'll have what he's having!

Can I have 2 Jewels aswell please Jim.

Now how does this work for international shipping? If it's a hassle and/or a big expense* I may just give you a US address and they will get forwarded on to me.

*It's not usually a big expense

• 2 weeks later...

I could send ya a $5 check in the mail. :)

Or you could sign up for a Paypal account. :idea:

Or I could wire you $10, and you could send me a CD; then I could post the tracks up on the web for folks to grab if they so desire.

These are all just suggestions. I'm not trying to be a smartass here. :freak: I'd just like to hear and share the wave files. :)

You guys all did a great job, especially Ani, and I just want to spread the wealth of inspiration amongst all the participants. :thu:

Originally posted by Bunny.:

I could send ya a $5 check in the mail. :)

Or you could sign up for a Paypal account. :idea:

Or I could wire you $10, and you could send me a CD; then I could post the tracks up on the web for folks to grab if they so desire.

These are all just suggestions. I'm not trying to be a smartass here. :freak: I'd just like to hear and share the wave files. :)

You guys all did a great job, especially Ani, and I just want to spread the wealth of inspiration amongst all the participants. :thu:

I with Bunny. Why don't just send checks? The simpler the better.

http://musicbizbuzz.net/relayer.htm

This is a page that I have created for JackPine, but for the time being, it has the use of my PayPal information. Jim and I are discussing the need for the html code that will allow direct payment to him without me being caught up in the middle of this. I'm working on a local promotions gig for an Indie Hip Hop label here in Kansas City, plus I have a pretty packed schedule for the entire summer ahead of me with scheduled activities.

Once we have the correct html in place, then we can move forward with this. Right now, Jim and I have been playing phone tag while trying to connect real time to discuss what needs to be done.

Jim does have a PayPal account that should allow payment through mail, or we can set it up as I have done using my account. You can play with the ordering page, just don't hit the finalization button that makes the payment.

The next several days I'm going to be VERY SCARCE as I'm having some major home remodeling done and also a new AC/Furnace system installed. I have to prep one of the areas for the installation scheduled for Monday.

Archived