Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Internotes Vol 2 / Fantasy League Round 2?

Hey wonderful people,

Without pre-empting the wonderful work Ani and Jackpine are doing on Vol 1 as we speak, I have had a couple of people ask about doing another round.

What do people think? I know some teams from Fantasy League 1 are keen to go again, and there are newcomers who'd also like to take part. Was thinking we could advertise on the other forums etc in early May for interested managers in addition to those who want to continue in that role. Then ask for participants etc.

Thoughts??

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by WOW:

Count "Double Post" in, I gotta talk to the guys, but I pretty much know what the answer will be. :thu:

Wow,

If the Fantasy League II project is done as the FL I project was done, chances are that a manager would not be able to draft the same members of the team they had last year. It is a random selection process and high bidder pulls the heavy weights as the rounds of draft picks progress. It could be very possible that you might end up on a team where people didn't click as easily as some did. Done as it was, the are no guarantees that you will like the genre, the other team players, the manager, or whathaveyou. I've said it before, and I'll say it a million times over again, I'm very happy of the SOMA team that pulled through to the finish line; I'm equally happy with the addition of John Lampson on a new song that the SOMA team has under progress.

If we were talking about another Internotes, and "NOT" a Fantasy League pick process, where the original teams would remain the same with a few new additions or subtractions; I might possibly reconsider my position as posted on the other thread. Although, I am serious about wanting writers agreements as to what marketing strategies and projected goals for distribution signed in advance to participation. Of course, those writer agreements would incorporate "fall out" clauses for teams not meeting the expectations.

I agree with Ani. That last part, especially, rings true when dealing with the distribution and culpability of the project. Yes, we are all here to have fun, however, something more was created and, I think, dropped unceremoniously. I am looking hopefully towards this second installment fulfilling its destiny.

John

-----------

John\'s Songs

Sorry, I should have made my view clearer - I think we should do an Internotes 2, with option of adding in further groups who get their own acts together...

Ani

We at Double Post are happy continuing as we are, give or take a few guests along the way, as previously mentioned. It appears that SOMA are in the same position. If everyone else wants to go ahead with another draft pick typa thing then fine, but I don't think we will be a part of that, and neither should you. Why split up a good thing?

Do you agree WOW and other Double Posters?

Also, Nursers, I totally agree with your last post, as I'm sure Ani does too, but you know what she's like ;):P:wave:

Thanks John,

Yeah, I agree to the "not wanting to split up a good thing" Double Post has got a really good vibe going on too. I love the SOMA team... these guys are truly a great bunch of guys with expert skills and minimal attitude; a genuine keeper.

Of course, I've not totally decided involvement for sure with Internotes II. Check the other thread............... I'm seeking International distribution; and the global collaboration can involve an already established team such as SOMA and Double Post if I decide to go ahead and spin off in another direction than Internotes.

Originally posted by Ani:

Double Post has got a really good vibe going on too.

Thanks, ooh just wait 'til you hear all the other stuff we've been working on. We're in a bit of a slump just now due to work commitments but we'll be back strongly.

Originally posted by flyscots:

Ani

We at Double Post are happy continuing as we are, give or take a few guests along the way, as previously mentioned. It appears that SOMA are in the same position. If everyone else wants to go ahead with another draft pick typa thing then fine, but I don't think we will be a part of that, and neither should you. Why split up a good thing?

Do you agree WOW and other Double Posters?

Also, Nursers, I totally agree with your last post, as I'm sure Ani does too, but you know what she's like ;):P:wave:

Count me in with Double Post. Hopefully pauldil will also continue.

ibescotty, ur a Double Post'r as far as I'm concerned. :thu:

Although we should probably get applications for a drummer and a singer. :)

- Rim

aka riffing

Double Post music: Strip Down

http://rimspeed.com

http://loadedtheband.com

I am actually a singer and in my cover gig I perform about half the songs on the night. I was not very successful with you guys though. Not sure why, I just couldn't come up with something descent.

In fact I wasn't much happy with my singing part in Addix's tune. Another place I need to grow for sure.

I haven't mastered the difference between recorded voice and live I suppose. Either way I offer my services there as well.

Thanks guys. We need double post tee shirts, one size fits all. :D

Double Posting since March 2002

Random Post Generator #26797

Great stuff! Thanks guys!

Hey Scotty, if Rim is stuck and you feel like singing, "SuperFly" is still sitting incomplete. ;)

Absolutely, Scotty. The "worst case" scenario is we both come up with something and the group decides which one fits better. I haven't had time to even try anything yet, but I may this week or next.

aka riffing

Double Post music: Strip Down

http://rimspeed.com

http://loadedtheband.com

Originally posted by Rim.:

Great stuff! Thanks guys!

Hey Scotty, if Rim is stuck and you feel like singing, "SuperFly" is still sitting incomplete. ;)

Absolutely, Scotty. The "worst case" scenario is we both come up with something and the group decides which one fits better. I haven't had time to even try anything yet, but I may this week or next.
If you come up with something I'm pretty good at harmonizing as well... I'll give it a go!! As soon as the Dopplar bass tracks are uploaded.

Originally posted by PBBPaul:

I think that the first one was a noble and educational experience. I would definitely be up to doing it again. Time constraints make it nearly impossible for me to commit to being a manager but I'm happy to do whatever I can.

I am ashamed!! I defected!!

Paul I'd be more then happy to collaborate on something with you. I'm still blown away by that guitar on Addix's song. Killer!!

I'll go either way. :eek: Heh, heh, heh! Actually, by that I mean, for those of you that might be reading more into my initial statement than was intended, I'd be happy to continue along with SOMA as Ani knows already and/or, I'd not mind another draft.

For me the first round was interesting because of the mix with new people. I wanted to see what happened when a HipHop player had to deal with a jazz meister, with a country picker, etc. And for SOMA it turned out pretty good.

The only caveat I have to interject is that I am probably going to be moving sometime later this year and that might take me out of the process for a few days or weeks. Other than that I'm game!

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

ME: "Nobody knows the troubles I've seen!"

Unknown Voice: "The Shadow do!"

Originally posted by ibescotty:

Originally posted by PBBPaul:

I think that the first one was a noble and educational experience. I would definitely be up to doing it again. Time constraints make it nearly impossible for me to commit to being a manager but I'm happy to do whatever I can.

I am ashamed!! I defected!!

Paul I'd be more then happy to collaborate on something with you. I'm still blown away by that guitar on Addix's song. Killer!!

My humble thanks Scott. I'd love to do some more as well. I think you did some very cool stuff on those vocal tracks. They made Addix' tune especially.

Is anybody willing to take the lead on this program?

Archived