Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Fantasy League Album Title: Absolute FINAL Vote (FL members only)

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The text on the new designs is excellent - let's leave it that yes? :thu:

I still like the very first colour scheme best - you can see the background graphics (?trees etc) much better. But if everyone likes the later colour scheme then I'm happy too.

Hmm, not sure if the I note works that well, if indeed we go with Internotes - try the other titles too Ani.

Not sure about "Virtual Artists" either Ani, we're all real people!

About the colors, I dont mind a black background but every example except the first and the last one look far too dark. The first keeps the mysterious side but lets you see what's there. It has depth and is not childlike at all.

Nursers is right about the text/font/blah

Compliments & thanks to Ani once again

John

Duh... you wrote it out for me John. :freak: I'm just a wee bit on the sleepy side; went to be after 2:00 am last night again to rise at 5:00 am.

I like the first one also to a degree, but I also like the deep dark colors because it's me. The background is a horizon with a tree and full blown cumulous clouds above in the sky that I took with my digi.

Right now I've got to devote some time to the kiddos; I'm going to go get some icecream shakes for them. I may try to work on things later.

Anyway...

I've spent two committed FULL evenings and nights working on these... hopefully within these last three that I put up, we can all come together on something in agreement. These last three are quality works ... and I think that Internotes works well with the cover design; better than the longer titles.

If everyone is cool with Internotes, maybe Nursers can pick three or four designs to choose from and set up a poll. Keep in mind that the colors can easily be altered; it's just that I'm crammed with things to do and I don't want to spend all of my time that I need to be doing other things in trying to make everyone happy with one theme. Keep in mind that all three images can be used for Volume 1, Volume 2, and Volume 3, if people like them all.

Originally posted by Ani:

http://musicbizbuzz.net/volume1.jpg

This one is brilliant I reckon. Does anyone have any severe objections to this being used as the cover? As Ani said, we can use other variations in future volumes.

Unless someone really objects in the next few days we may go ahead with this design.

:thu:

Here's the background for the back cover.

If I can change my vote FROM Fantasy League to Internotes, that would even the score :D Since we do not want to include the "CD" in the title, I think Fantasy League is just too vague of a term to use as a CD title. Is it Football, Baseball, Sex Swingers, or WHAT???? It needs to be more descriptive in what it is.

http://musicbizbuzz.net/fantasyleaguefinal.jpghttp://musicbizbuzz.net/backcover.jpg

Just say under the title-A virtual collaboration of musical artists from around the globe. That kind of describes it. I'm fine with InterNotes too, I'll switch my vote to that also. That Yard Apes thing was just a joke, and Fantasy League as Ani mentioned, already has a well know connotation. So let's just go with InterNotes, that's kind of growing on me. I voted Yard Apes, so I switched my vote to Internotes, and Ani did too, that's enough to put it over the top isn't it?

A virtual collaboration of musical artists from around the globe
Steve,

I just looked back at the layout and the word musical would make the title too long to look well in the design layout. I see where you are coming from as far as the "artists" having more than one interpretation; Visual or Musical. However, with the musical "note" in the layout, I think this would distinguish the difference between visual and musical artists without having to redesign the layout to add a third line or run into the globes with text.

Yeah I agree now about the title, Internotes it is then?

Ani, I see only darkness for the back cover, is this intentional or am I missing something?

I think the full credits should be listed inside, it would make the back too cramped to list everyone involved, if that's what we're doing. We should just list band names and song names on the back aswell as the small print if necessary.

Ani, I see only darkness for the back cover, is this intentional or am I missing something?

Yeah, for now. The back cover is dark because we need to write some sort of dialogue outlining the project; all countries involved, and briefly about the origination of the project and how it evolved while crediting MusicPlayer network. The credits will be listed on the inside and could either use the same deep reddish/black background as the back cover, or solid black.

I have not had the time to concentrate on writing an outline, nor have I had the time to collect all the credits and isolate them into one text document.

It takes time to do these images, while building from scratch and keep all artwork original; including photography and drawn graphics compiled into the collage with layers of transparencies filtering over images to give the design depth and such.

Right now, I have MORE than a full plate on my table. I'm trying to prepare for my Interview with the Treasury Dept tomorrow morning, I had opened the doors for two separate collaboration projects, and then the snow fell. At one moment I was bored and had spare time on my hand, the next moment burning the candle at both ends.

Plus, I still have to work a full time job and play Mom.

I'm feeling guilty right now because of starting the country collaboration with everything else coming to a head and demanding my attention. I hope those interested do not lose interest because I'm wrapped up in doing this, among preparing for my Interview and shoveling snow.

Thanks for all your work Ani :thu::thu:

Well, to put on my moderator hat, cape and boots for a minute, my vibe is that everyone is happy with the reddy tinged design, using the title Internotes etc exactly as Ani has layed it out.

So I would like to sign off on that as the cover.

Thanks heaps everyone for your input :thu::thu::thu:

Originally posted by SaloSicle:

So the title with the least votes won :confused:

Hey, it worked for W...

Don't make nursers call in the

Supreme Court to decide this one, too... :P

Peace,

Bob

Bob Phillips

20to20soundesign

Actually, the votes for Internotes and Fantasy League were both tied when I started the design works. Apes had not caught up. Also, I originally voted for Fantasy League, whereas if my virtual vote were changed to reflect that idea, it would put FL behind in the running and tie Internotes with Yard Apes.

I do have a question though, there are 23 votes recorded and I didn't know that we had 23 active players involved still. What's up with that?

Archived