Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Fantasy League Deadline

Originally posted by Bunny.:

Hi, Bob! I've been way too busy lately to get any additional TGOR material together, so let's go with whatever ya got. Did you ever get a copy of our little "Bunny's Beat" ditty? If not, then that recording may have died with MP3.com. I don't have a copy that I can find, and I don't think Wewus was able to find a copy, either.

Thanks, Bob! :wave:

I'm going back to N.C. Wednesday night. I'll take a look again. I think I might have an MP3, but no Wav files. Maybe you could work with that. It's kind of a Lo-Fi thing anyway. Only one drum track, and two synth parts.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Steve,

The manager access PM that I sent you for the FTP space should contain login information to upload the file; let Bob know when you have UL'd the file so that he can retrieve it and delete the file. If you have any problems, let me know. I have a saved copy of the PM if you need me to resend the info.

yes'm...got the definitive WATGOR mix...

And, assuming that the incoming MP3

will sound fine enough to be included,

that will bring the count up to

8 selections on our Vol 1 CD...

This weekend looks a little busy for me,

but I'm aiming to have the disc out to

jackpine by the middle of next week...

Thanks,

Bob

Bob Phillips

20to20soundesign

Just a note:

Most of us have done this for fun, it's educational value, and with the attitude that if something becomes of the works, then there might be room to recover some of our expenses or compensate some of our time.

If indeed there is anything that should develop out of this project to where there is a potential for earnings; those contributing of their own free will should be compensated in percentages as to how much they actually put into the project. Those that recover expenses up front, that are comparible to the market value of competition in their field, should be exempt from any further compensation as a part of the collaborative effort and viewed as a service for hire.

I don't have any idea as to whether or not this project will go beyond this forum, but I would love a shot at presenting the works of an international effort utilizing modern digital technologies to investors for consideration to promote innovative technologies. There would need to be writer's agreements, division of intellectual property rights, and etc. established and written into contract form prior to soliciting for investment.

Originally posted by Ani:

Just a note:

Most of us have done this for fun, it's educational value, and with the attitude that if something becomes of the works, then there might be room to recover some of our expenses or compensate some of our time.

If indeed there is anything that should develop out of this project to where there is a potential for earnings; those contributing of their own free will should be compensated in percentages as to how much they actually put into the project. Those that recover expenses up front, that are comparible to the market value of competition in their field, should be exempt from any further compensation as a part of the collaborative effort and viewed as a service for hire.

I don't have any idea as to whether or not this project will go beyond this forum, but I would love a shot at presenting the works of an international effort utilizing modern digital technologies to investors for consideration to promote innovative technologies. There would need to be writer's agreements, division of intellectual property rights, and etc. established and written into contract form prior to soliciting for investment.

Ever notice how quiet it gets around here

whenever Ani brings up this topic...?

The reason why I hesitated til now is that

I think it would be "difficult" to accurately

assign a value to our respective contributions...

And a logistical challenge to actually distribute

proper fractions to any potential profiteers...

Perhaps we should consider donating any proceeds

from this project to "approved" recipients...

Unless of course, if it turns out to be alot of $$,

then I take back what I just typed... :P:P:P

I guess the actual composers of the music

(i.e. all of the participants) should do what

we need to do as far as copyrights, etc...

are concerned for this project...

And to be prepared for whatever may happen...

Bob Phillips

20to20soundesign

I sent it a while ago, tell me if you got it, and if you think it's useable. I'd like to have a french horn added at the end if that's possible.

All the money is mine. If you read the verbal agreement you all made at the beginning of this project, I think that's clear.

Well, I'm listening to our

Volume 1 CD as I type this...

It sure sounds good... :thu:

Actually I'm listening to the file

cuz I'm having trouble with burning

the CD using WaveLab...

I normally use my Masterlink to construct CDs, but

I thought I'd use our project as an opportunity

to get to know the CD Montage section in WaveLab...

I've got a tech friend to call Monday for help,

but if any of you know how to get WL to

recognize my external USB burner, let me know...

If I have to I can do a work-around and just

bring the individual files into Nero to do the burn...

Either way, the CD's basically finished...!

Thanks,

Bob

PS - what's the word with jackpine...?

Bob Phillips

20to20soundesign

Saw him hanging out over in the Studio Business Forum Friday. Seems like a nice guy... I teased him a bit, and I'm sure that he is still in the game for running the CD's off. Does he have a web site? Also, does he have a means of payment transfer?

Bob, Steinberg should have a support section for Wavelab on their site which will at least let you know whether your burner is compatible with the software. How old is your burner, and which v of WL do you have? I'm running WL3 with an older Yamaha burner, no probs.

Does WL even see your burner in the Preferences pulldown?

What we record in life, echoes in eternity.

MOXF8, Electro 6D, XK1c, Motif XSr, PEKPER, Voyager, Univox MiniKorg.

https://www.abandoned-film.com

:thu: Now you guys see why I like working with SOMA so well...... :thu: One asks a question and another comes up with the answers!!!

:thu::thu::thu: SOMA RUELZ!!!!!!!!!

Even though I'm off in other things right now, you guys are the greatest.

Originally posted by DanS:

Bob, Steinberg should have a support section for Wavelab on their site...

Thanks Dan,

I'm good to go after upgrading

the CD recorder drivers, etc...

I'm listening to our actual CD

now and everything sounds fine...

I'll email jackpine to get his mailing

address, then pop the CD off to him...

Bob

Bob Phillips

20to20soundesign

Wewus,

I think its sounds okiedokie...