Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Fantasy League Deadline

Ok, no jokes about the October deadline :)

Was wondering if we should set a date by which all WAVS should be submitted?

I just get the impression people are very keen to keep collaborating, so would like to see Vol 1 completed. Or another possibility is we kee[ going and have 12-15 songs?

Thoughts?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by TheWewus:

I don't think I can even sue you.........unless I marry an Aborigines woman. Help me out here.

That would be an aboriginal woman :rolleyes:

Originally posted by nursers:

I don't think I can even sue you.........unless I marry an Aborigines woman. Help me out here.

Let's give Wewus a break here. Remember, he just moved to California, which means his IQ probably dropped by 70 points. The spelling mesteak is certainly understandable. :D

Main Entry: ab·orig·i·ne

Pronunciation: "a-b&-'rij-(")nE, -'ri-j&-

Function: noun

Etymology: Latin aborigines, plural, from ab origine from the beginning

Date: 1533

1 : an aboriginal inhabitant especially as contrasted with an invading or colonizing people

2 : often capitalized : a member of any of the indigenous peoples of Australia

That's an alternate spelling or the plural form.. or something.

Originally posted by DanS:

I say we go with what we've got, and what's finishable by the end of January 2004, MAX.

I would really like to see Seasick make it onto the CD, and it was appearing to be near done. Flyscots was wanting to do the mix/mastering on this one... but he also has the other team song that he's working on as well. I've not really seen much posting from a few of the other team managers lately; but I think that with an effort, we sould be able to get Seasick done... I think that several of the managers listed mixing/mastering in their credits...

John, do you have all the tracks that you need for Seasick with the exception of my vocal track??? If so, where do I need to mail my vox to... or can I get an FTP setup established for transfer of the file to SOMEONE???? I need some insight as to an address, or something. Thanks...

Sylver... if you are still at all active in this.................. since the collab has pretty well opened up a bit; I still WANT to work with you and that funky blues guitar... I have no doubts that with the vibes I felt in your music, the two of us could come up with something good to add as a submission by your team by the end of January... Dude, I loved what I heard in your playing style. I think that Seasick demonstrates our congeniality.

Same with Brakka, and Cereal....

Cereal, I may be able to sweet talk Dak into a collab... he and I have worked together in the past on projects.........

Brakka, Tedster and I have talked some.... perhaps he could use a musical interest to funnel some frustrations into right about now.

I'd really like to see the whole project pull itself back together.... and now that the Christmas rush is nearly over at the Post Office, I can commit more time again.

Originally posted by nursers:

...and don't forget the rabbit proof fence!

What we record in life, echoes in eternity.

MOXF8, Electro 6D, XK1c, Motif XSr, PEKPER, Voyager, Univox MiniKorg.

https://www.abandoned-film.com

Main Entry: ab·orig·i·ne

Pronunciation: "a-b&-'rij-(")nE, -'ri-j&-

Function: noun

Etymology: Latin aborigines, plural, from ab origine from the beginning

Date: 1533

1 : an aboriginal inhabitant especially as contrasted with an invading or colonizing people

2 : often capitalized : a member of any of the indigenous peoples of Australia

That's an alternate spelling or the plural form.. or something.

Aborigine -one aboriginal person

Aborigines - group of aboriginals

Aboriginal - what an aboriginal person's descent is

And indigenous Australians (aborigines) are one of the most close-knit cultures you will find. We could all learn a heap from them.

:thu:

No Ani, I have nothing.

Everything was to get sent to Sylver. When everything was done, it would all get sent to me. As far as I know nothing got sent to Sylver except Brakka's tambourine track.

Dan:

I say we go with what we've got, and what's finishable by the end of January 2004

Fine by me. I would also like to see future volumes

Originally posted by flyscots:

As far as I know nothing got sent to Sylver except Brakka's tambourine track.

[/QB]

Now, let's not underestimate the sheer power and fury of a tambourine unleashed.....

What we record in life, echoes in eternity.

MOXF8, Electro 6D, XK1c, Motif XSr, PEKPER, Voyager, Univox MiniKorg.

https://www.abandoned-film.com

where do I need to mail my vox to... or can I get an FTP setup established for transfer of the file to SOMEONE???? I need some insight as to an address, or something. Thanks...
Flyscots,

I still have no address...... I can't send tracks anywhere without an address or the communication established to send files FTP. Where's Sylver at anyway??? I've not seen anything of him lately.

Originally posted by Ani:

Where's Sylver at anyway??? I've not seen anything of him lately.

I was on "Team Sylver", which seems to have spontaneously combusted back in September through no one's fault. Haven't heard from him since. We had a "rough sketch" of a song (in a Stax/Hi Studios vein) that went no further.

Ani,

Do you still need a home for WAV files? I can provide a roost for a file or two or a hundred for you out of the kindness of my heart. PM me for any needed details.

I am in great anticipation of the next Fantasy League and hope to participate my various skills. Wewus and I are close (in proximity, not necessarily romantically - wink, wink!), and so is Phil, so California is ripe with actual physical collaboration possibilities!

Let me know when the signup for the next FL is. I'll be checking reguarly for that memo.

John

-----------

John\'s Songs

• 3 weeks later...

Archived