Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

S/W/M seeks....

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds good to me Ani and 20to20 :)

Ok, everyone list what instrument you will be playing or if you would like to mix, write lyrics,etc. Multiple listings will work fine, we'll set us up an "orchestra" if need be :)

To start I'll be sticking to playing keys, some of the writing, mixing as needed, spearheading the invasion of Sardinia...oops! forget about the Sardinia part, that's a collaboration on another board ;)

Ok, who's next? Oh, and state which piece you would like to work on, the newer sounding piece or the prog piece please. Once we get things sorted a bit the writers will knock heads for a bit and work to get something to the players.

....note to self, seperate the two collaborations soon so as to alleviate any confusion...ok, I will..................sure, that's what you always say.............but I mean it this time!....I'll believe that when I see it...

Oh, was that out loud? ;)

Darkon the Incandescent

http://www.billheins.com/

Hail Vibrania!

I can do:

Mixing/Mastering

Ambience, Textures & Rhythms performed

on Bouzars/Keys/Percussion/Etc...

Other Sonic Processes & Treatments...

Loops/Spirals/Delay FX/Filtering/Warping/Etc...

BGVs & Vocal FX

I'm also for an evolving, multi-sectioned Prog Epic

akin to Supper's Ready or Close to the Edge... :cool:

Bob

Bob Phillips

20to20soundesign

Originally posted by DanS:

A flower? :D

Man, it's impossible to read that question

and not mentally go into the riff that follows... :eek:

What a great band they were... :love:

I hear alot of early-Genesis in current Radiohead...

Bob

Bob Phillips

20to20soundesign

I'm getting excited about the prospects of this undertaking. I intend to be involved but at the same time I want to be surprised. And I have some music of my own that could stand some collaboration, but then again I'd like to see what I can yet manage solo... I'm so confused. Like Charlie Brown sailing high into the air after Lucy pulls the football away, I'm almost helpless, staring at the sky with my tummy in a knot, waiting for the inevitable impact...

I'm sorry, where was I? Oh yes, I do have a lot of gear and have 24 tracks of Pro Tools Le available. My chops may not be worth their weight, but I can sequence like Keith Emerson, by jeeves.

This keyboard solo has obviously been tampered with!

Added an .mp3 called Christmas to the ftp...been an idea I've had kicking around for a looooooong time and thought I'd share it with you and see if it's something we can work with.

ftp://Music:collaboration@darkon.servemp3.com:43581/

(Still only one user at a time right now :) ). Use an ftp client if you have any troubles, I prefer SmartFTP, free and easy!

Now this is only a short segment, did this the week before Christmas and got hit with the flu and have a nasty cold right now :( It's a rough mix(recorded from the mixer into Sound Forge for simplicity's sake ;) ) with instruments left out...needs a good melody line...well, let me know what you think,

Darkon the Incandescent

Hail Vibrania!

Hey guys,

I hope I'm not too late jumping in here but I would like to help out. I've played guitar for 10 years and while prog is not my main focus, I've got a good ear and great theory education.

I can also provide private hosting on my T1 for this or other projects.

John

-----------

John\'s Songs

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry, the ftp was the only place I had to host the songs. They are mp3 format. If you are having trouble with d/ling using your browser try using SmartFTP which you can find here- http://www.smartftp.com/

Just copy this- ftp://Music:collaboration@darkon.servemp3.com:43581/ into the address bar and check the anonymous box, then hit the connect button, should get you right in.

Let me know if you have any more troubles.

Darkon the Incandescent

Hail Vibrania!

Originally posted by flyscots:

What's happening with this one?

It seems these things are getting a lot of interest then fading fast. Now that the holiday period has past is everyone still up for working on something here?

John Scotsman

Patience Flyswats, I'm working on a theme.

What's in your Tickle Trunk? :D

What we record in life, echoes in eternity.

MOXF8, Electro 6D, XK1c, Motif XSr, PEKPER, Voyager, Univox MiniKorg.

https://www.abandoned-film.com

Good stuff Dan. I just didn't to see this one dying.

As I said in the other thread: "I'd still like to mix if possible but I did not want to take over as an organizer, Fantasy League style."

As for what I'm up to...SuperFly is still sans vocals but we, Double Post, have another tune in creation. I've got lots of new soft synths and plugins I'm working my way around, trying to create something else new. Hopefully I'll soon be bringing news of new Audio employment I've been working towards.

Thanks for asking! I'm looking forward to hearing what you come up with.

What soft synths have you picked up lately?

I scored Kompakt & Absynth2 when I was stateside last year, and had them running on my laptop. I have only installed Kompakt on my home DAW cuz it can barely handle it, so I didn't even bother loading up Absynth.

Need a new machine.

What we record in life, echoes in eternity.

MOXF8, Electro 6D, XK1c, Motif XSr, PEKPER, Voyager, Univox MiniKorg.

https://www.abandoned-film.com

You should be able to just click on the link and your browser will connect for you...try that rather than copy and pasting the address. The login and password are part of the shortcut as well as the port the server is using. Sorry about this...hoperfully clicking on the link will get you in, works here :)

Darkon the Incandescent

Hail Vibrania!

Just free ones mainly Dan, me poor!

I already had Crystal & Synth1. I recently aquired VirSyn's TERA and downloaded SuperWaveP8 thanks to Jeebus (see here)

I've also been scanning these pages & KVR for other freebies such as the Classic Series from Kjaerhus Audio.

Dunno how many more VST's my system can take but no problems so far other than SONAR taking a while to open a busy session.

What did you think of Kompakt & Absynth2?

Hey Flyscots, I have a copy of Native Instruments Vokator here on disc. If you would like to give it a stable and loving home I'd be happy to post it to you.

I have some great fun loading my sampler with synths and then spitting them through my amp. It's pretty intuitive software to use, I'm sure you've encountered it before, so if you fancy it give me a shout, maybe a PM even. I'd love to hear it being put to good use on the forums!

Best wishes, Tea.

Darkon,

DanS and 20to20, as well as myself, are all three experienced in the use of FTP space. It is how we communicated ALL files for the SOMA works. However, the link that you are supplying does not work. I just tried accessing the file by clicking on the link and received another error. Unauthorized access and also a Time-out!!!

Do you have all users authorized through your server, and also, if you are using FrontPage or another template builder; do you have your settings in place to allow outsider access? I don't think the problem is at the user end. Did you provide Ibescotty specific authorization?

I have attempted several different methods of trying to access, but all fail.

Ani, to be honest with you I had the same problem as you when I tried copying and pasting the address, IE erases the login and password info, but when I click on the link I go right inside to the dir.

How are you accessing your ftp for SOMA? IE or a dedicated ftp client(SmartFTP, FlashFXP, etc.)? I'll look into the settings and see what I can do. Oh, ibescotty used that link I believe, no personal login, just the one in the link. It's set to 3 users.

Sorry if I came off wrong, just ftp is an everday thing for me here...worst comes to worse I can set up a simple webpage with the links to the files.

Darkon the Incandescent

Hail Vibrania!

Archived