Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

more trouble at Brakkanet?

just got back from a weekend away from the computer... (how nice was that)a can't open Brakkas site...

wwwdotbrakkadotcomforwardslashforum

wait, nevermind, as I was typing this it revealed itself...

false alarm

BTW, Brakka, despite the infrequent episode of www stagefright your site/forum is sweet... thanks.

DX

Aerodyne Jazz Deluxe

Pod X3 Live

Roland Bolt-60 (modified)

Genz Benz GBE250-C 2x10

Acoustic 2x12 cab

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Danyx

It wasn't your typing! I tried to access my forum which is on the same server as Brakka's and my .com site was down for a while this morning. I also tried to access Brakka's site and it, too, was down.

My official .net site went down for about 10-15 minutes near the same time frame also. It is on a Windows based server which is quite a bit more pricey than HASweb where Brakka and my forums are hosted.

My official site offers tech support and when I called to find out what was up, they said that the OCDB had gone down and was in the process of being reset. I was able to access MusicPlayer forums though so it wasn't a complete Internet glitch.

You can take the man away from his music, but you can't take the music out of the man.

Books by Craig Anderton through Amazon

Sweetwater: Bruce Swedien\'s "Make Mine Music"

Yeah- It happens. Not perfect. I just visit musicplayer, check baseball stats, watch Strongbad answer emails, then try again and it's usually back.

Glad you made it in.

Now, would you mind editing this thread's topic to say something like "Brakka is nice" or "Brakkanet plays the castanets" or something? "More trouble at Brakkanet?" sounds so negative. ;):D

I say leave the title as is so Wewus and his sparring partners will think that Brakka is gearing up for a showdown. :)

The "Gods of Rock" seem to have quite a party going on and you know what they say; "Misery loves company" :D

I don't believe a word of the propoganda they are putting out! :P

You can take the man away from his music, but you can't take the music out of the man.

Books by Craig Anderton through Amazon

Sweetwater: Bruce Swedien\'s "Make Mine Music"

I found out why my forum has been occasionally down.

A company called Rytek recently outsourced its webserver to HASweb (the server I also use). Apparently they violated the HASweb terms of service:

If at any given time a domain is using more then 10% CPU memory, the client will be asked to be moved to a semi-dedicated server at a small monthly fee. This will benefit everyone as we like to maintain server performance to a maximum.
This was apparently due to the LARGE number of users at Rytek's php forum (I think Rytek is an auto something company, but the forum is a computer gaming forum). They crashed Apache, but Rytek says they don't see how that's possible. As far as "using more than 10% CPU memory," Rytek has a 350G/mo bandwidth- I don't know all of the specifics of HASweb's server.

HASweb shut Rytek down (apparently without proper notice). Hopefully things will improve for the rest of us HASweb users- not because the bad bad Rytek is gone ;) , but maybe HASweb will find a way to deal with problems like this in the future.

As I understand it, HASweb was designed to be for people like me, not sites with large bandwidth demands.

If at any given time a domain is using more then 10% CPU memory, the client will be asked to be moved to a semi-dedicated server at a small monthly fee. This will benefit everyone as we like to maintain server performance to a maximum.
See, there's always a catch when it's that cheap...

And anyway... CPU memory?! Does this mean if the site uses more than 51.2 KB or 102.4 KB cache they'll ask you to move it? :D:D

-Joachim Dyndale

--------------------

Einstein: The difference between genius and stupidity is: Genius has limits

My Blog...

Archived