Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

POLYCOW (we have a song!)

Originally posted by polyt:

Back in the saddle!

Oo...good idea. Can anyone sing like Steve Tyler?

HAHAHA...

I guess the Petty style is one I'm comfy with. No "Brad Delp meets Mickey Thompson" vocals. Just basic, straightforward stuff.

"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey, looks like I'm the last one to get in on this. Sorry I had to keep you guys waiting a whopping 2 days!!! :D:wave:

I like the Tom Petty idea. Easy,effective. Were we going to start planning both of the songs right now, or just start with one and move on?

I'll check back in later. I'm supposed to be at work right now,so I'll try again tonight.

I was thinking we could just start with one, and see if other ideas could be collected into another song later. I'll try to record some guitars/sequenced drums & keys for a demo of the idea that I had, and post an mp3 for you guys to hear. I'll try to find time to do it before the weekend.

Allen- if you get a chance, sign up over at

http://www.brakka.com/forum and I'll give you access to our private room. There's a list going there of everyone's computer/recording/music equipment, and some other junk.

And guys- I know everyone has actual lives, this project will fit in as people's time allows.

:D That's maybe for our second song (B-side).

Bunny, dBunny

O gee he so funny

he can never hear this song

'til it's completely done-y

Bunny, dBunny

he likes his eggs runny

I hope he does, 'cause if he don't

He shoot you with his gunny.

Bridge bridge bridge bridge bridge!

Bunny, dBunny

give this boy some money

he prefer a five or ten,

but better one than none-y

That's pretty fun Strongbad, and only a little bit of a distraction to my team. :)

Hey guys- I have a rough demo of an idea that I'll be posting late tomorrow afternoon (friday).

See that other place for more details, including me trying to figure out how to set up an ftp account.

HEY TEAM!

I put up a rough mp3 demo of an idea I had. Get the links at our team page.

I'm still trying to figure out the ftp thing- in the meantime, If you have an mp3 demo/idea you want everyone to hear, go ahead and email it to me ( brakka@brakka.com ) and I'll put it up. If you have webspace, you can do that too and give us the link.

Guys? You still with me?

When you have time, go over to our team forum and listen to the demos that are there so far. polyt has a bassline idea up, and I have an demo that needs some lyrics. Tedster has a demo coming soon.

Cowbell, fantasticsound- this means you.

Get going! :mad::o;)

Brakka Hakka, my man ... I listened to Something and Something else today. Really good groove and feel on both tunes. The kick drum sound on SE is massive, and I like that squelchy lead sound you used.

The only thing I would comment on is that "Something" seems likes it wants something else. I kept on waiting for the electric guitar to come in. Have you considered putting a lead on that tune?

Jackka

I really don't know what to put here.

Sorry for the wait, I've been out of town for the past few days. Had to check in again and see what's going on.

I'm going on a cruise in the bahamas starting Saturday, and won't be back home until June 25th. I tried to post this over in the polycow forum, but the Brakka site would never load.

Ooooh- Bahamas! That sounds cool. Have a good time, and don't forget your sunscreen. :wave:

I have finally managed to connect with someone at support who is trying to help with the slow/impossible loads over there. Hopefully I can get this sorted out.

Anything team-related can be posted in this thread, but I was trying to keep the url's for team demos over there so only we had access to them. Privacy, and to limit my bandwidth. We can always use mp PM's too.

Have a good trip, man!

I'll mp PM you right now with the link to our team mp3 folder.

Hey team :wave:

I just wanted to let you guys know that if we wanted to, we could collaborate on a writing a song or two for this project. ;)

Since I haven't seen any of you posting in this tread or the team forum in quite a while, I'm assuming that you're all just waiting to record tracks. Well, we don't have any songs yet. There are a some demo ideas up (check the team forum), and Tedster is working on another demo.

It sure would be cool if we wrote a song as a group- that was kind of the idea. If it turns out that no one else has time, then I'll just get everything going and let you all know what to play.

I'm trying not to be pushy here, but I'm not really sure what you guys want to do (except for Dave, who was clear about that in that thread in the team forum).

If anyone did join this project to collaborate on writing a tune, NOW IS THE TIME. :)

It looks like Tedster is having some computer problems, but hopefully his demo will be up soon.

I'll spend some time this week coming up with some more ideas that will hopefully inspire you guys to get into this thing.

I think I'm going to post a bunch of short loops that you can put into your DAW's and play along with. You might come up with a cool idea, then you can post that and someone else can play around with it. We're in the "songwriting" stage right now, so hopefully we can get some good ideas happening.

Remember? Collaborate?

Originally posted by fantasticsound:

Sorry, boys... I was waiting to see my handle disappear from the "last post" on the Polycow forum.

...and that was two weeks ago. :(

We're nearly one-third of the way through this thing, as far as time. Let's try to cram in some songwriting before we need to start recording!!

• 2 weeks later...
Well...I finally got to make a rather hastily prepared demo last night...the computer was up and running. Now...all I've gotta do is get it on the web. Hang in there...

• 2 weeks later...

Tedster submitted a song! :)

And I think it's a really great one. We're going to have fun with this.

So, everyone download the tune and listen to it for a few days. Go to our team forum for more info.

Okay, I'm finally back again. Found out I was going camping at the last minute, so I've been gone for a little while.

I can't access the Brakka.com site at all. On my Mac it just says "Could not load after 60 seconds". I'm on Safari, so maybe that has something to do with it?

Cowbell's on Safari. Maybe we should just do "The Lion Sleeps Tonight". Unless it's a surfin' safari...

Oh...thanks, Dave! Hammond, yeah! I also wonder about the possibility of some Zydecajun flavored button box. It's not fast, but some sorta ambient thing. Just thinking out loud.

Originally posted by CowbellAllen:

I can't access the Brakka.com site at all. On my Mac it just says "Could not load after 60 seconds". I'm on Safari, so maybe that has something to do with it?

Were you on Safari before when you posted at brakka.com?

There have been problems with the server that the brakka.com forum is on, but it's been okay for a while. Not sure what the prob is, but of course I'll do what I can to get you back in there.

Step 1: log out & log back in. You might need to log in every time you visit the site.

Archived