Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Help mix my stupid song?

Hi, I recorded a cover of the Loving Spoonful's Daydream. My cover is pretty good, but it's way out of my normal style, so the mix isn't very good. I tried and tried, but I just don't know how to mix this kind of song.

I'm looking for someone who wants to mix it for me, or help me to mix it. I recorded it in PTLE, on a digi 001. I'll prepare the files anyway you like, send it to you on a cd, and pay you with undying gratitude. I'm also a very experienced graphic designer and would be happy to work out a trade of some kind.

Take a listen, and let me know if you want to help. Click the link, then Daydream:

http://mysite.verizon.net/res0uccz/

You can also send me an email: olafsdaydream@hotmail.com

Thanks in advance for any help, or just for listening and smiling.

-Olaf

(Hey, and would someone let me know if this isn't the appropriate place to post this? I'm new here.)

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

rabidium, I hate to see a message go unresponded to but we're all kinda fixated on a project we've started here recently. Hang around and I am sure you'll get some help.

Welcome aboard!

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

ME: "Nobody knows the troubles I've seen!"

Unknown Voice: "The Shadow do!"

Wrave, thanks for reviving and responding. I could see that you're very busy with the fantasy league, so I din't really expect a big reply.

I'm quite active over at the DUC, and it's tough to keep up with two boards.

But I'll become more active shortly. I have to finish some projects which have been lingering too long, and I have to pay some bills, and I should probably get some nookie, but after all that, I'll become more active. I can't wait to hear what comes of all this baseball, I'll probably jump at the chance to be a free agent in the next season. (am I mixing metaphors? it's late.)

Addix, I'm not gone yet, I'll stick around for a while and see what I can see. Love your icon, even if I have no idea what it's all about.

and thanks, b3, I really appreciate it. I think the song is ok now, but I was hoping to get it sounding 'great'. But maybe I'm just being overly critical of my own work. I'm going to shelf it for a while, and see what my ears think in a few months. I've started applying these editing techniques to drums, so I may have a lot more experience with this in the next few months. Maybe I can do my own remix. Or maybe I'll just let it die and work on something I can sell!

Good luck with the teams...

-Olaf

Archived