Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

send PT files

I need to send PT 5.1.1 session ( audio files, voice over) wiht a 56k modem. Anyone know how to do this without using Rocket? This does'nt have t be real time, it just needs to get from A to B.

Thanks and God Bless!

Y.B.I.C.

Bill

• 4 weeks later...

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
If you don't mind sitting a while, use the modem. You can do point to point transfers between people online using clients like ICQ or mirc. ICQ is very useful, and great for realtime chatting, so is mirc. If you know someone with an ftp site and don't mind your files sitting out in cyberspace for a while, you can get an ftp client to send to it. The good ones like Bulletproof FTP costs a few tens of bucks. I have Pro Tools LE myself, and till we get something cool like Rocket, I'm gonna be stuck with using the above or sending CDs thru the mail.
This keyboard solo has obviously been tampered with!

Originally posted by fasttraxx:

I need to send PT 5.1.1 session ( audio files, voice over) wiht a 56k modem. Anyone know how to do this without using Rocket? This does'nt have t be real time, it just needs to get from A to B.

How big is your file, fasttraxx?

I guess it is in the gygabyte size, right?

My first suggestion is to get a "virtual drive" on the net or buy a web domain which lets you to upload / download information. You can buy extra storage space and let your addressees know how to download the tracks from it.

Músico, Productor, Ingeniero, Tecnólogo

Senior Product Manager, América Latina y Caribe - PreSonus

at Fender Musical Instruments Company

Instagram: guslozada

Facebook: Lozada - Música y Tecnología

www.guslozada.com

Originally posted by fasttraxx:

Thanks everyone, this is good advice. I only needed to send files for a one time dead line back in Nov., but this is good info for the future.

Please, tell us what did you do, finally, to send your tracks ;) ...

Músico, Productor, Ingeniero, Tecnólogo

Senior Product Manager, América Latina y Caribe - PreSonus

at Fender Musical Instruments Company

Instagram: guslozada

Facebook: Lozada - Música y Tecnología

www.guslozada.com

Originally posted by GusTraX:

Please, tell us what did you do, finally, to send your tracks ;) ...

I was going to send some files for the show Amercia's Most Wanted. They were coming to my town to do a show, but it never happened, so I never needed to send the files.

Thanks and God Bless!

Y.B.I.C.

Bill

Hey Fasttraxx,

Next time you want to send file, regardless of file type, you can ftp them to where ever you want as long as you know the specific address. There is no restriction as to it being an mp3, jpg or what ever...

The speed is dependent on only connection speed.

I use FTP Works but there cute ftp is good too. They are free to download and use and there are others out there.

Our Joint

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it." The Duke...

Hello Daklander,

Thanks for the advice. I do have a FTP program. I'm am using a 56k modem (boo hoo), but I guess I could start to upload them and come back after a bit. It probably will take quite a while with a 56k modem huh?

Thanks and God Bless!

Y.B.I.C.

Bill

Archived