Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Thinking back...

...what song(s) remind you of your first love? Notwithstanding the person(s) you were with, musically, what made them so good? Mine were: >Feel the Fire - Stephanie Mills: Her voice and the words were just powerful. I sitll get goose bumps when I here the song. >Fire & Desire- Rick James and Teena Marie: The production and dynamics between the two were excellent as if there really ws something going on btween them (knowing Rick J.....). >Always and Forever - Heatwave: The arrangement with the B-3 and the strings and the soaring falsetto during the bridge still is unrivaled. >Reasons - Earth, Wind & Fire; Words, music, production-the whole experience was classic EW&F.

Yamaha (Motif XS7, Motif 6, TX81Z), Korg (R3, Triton-R), Roland (XP-30, D-50, Juno 6, P-330). Novation A Station, Arturia Analog Experience Factory 32

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote]Originally posted by henryrobinett: [b]"Knocks Me Off My Feet" and "As" - Stevie Wonder from "Songs I The Key of Life". Every time I hear those tunes I'm driving with her to Carmel. Music just has a way of somehow putting a time stamp on events when they're important.[/b][/quote]Anything by Stevie in that era would go on my list. You touched on a very profound point, and the reason that it is so hard to sell new music to adults. So much of what music is about to the average person is connected to the feelings that they associate to a particular song. If you can tell me the year someone graduated from high school, I can tell what music they love. The reason is that the songs they heard at that time in their life are linked to the first time they got laid, or driven a car, or got loaded with all of their friends. The music playing through all of that bonds to those feelings forever. Thats why labels so aggresively market to kids. They are just hoping to catch them young enough to bond to those peak experiences.

Jotown:)

"It's all good: Except when it's Great"

[quote]Originally posted by MusicWorkz: [b]...what song(s) remind you of your first love?[/b][/quote]"Yummy Yummy Yummy (I've Got Love In My Tummy)"

For me You and I off of the Talking Book album and Heatwaves Always And Forever. Man, that almost seems like another life ago. Stevie Wonder is one of all time favorites.

RobT

Famous Musical Quotes: "I would rather play Chiquita Banana and have my swimming pool than play Bach and starve" - Xavier Cugat

Rufus /Chaka Khan - "Sweet Thing" still kills me. It sounded like she meant every word of it. EWF, Heatwave, Rose Royce, Stevie, early Luther, Major Harris... what in the hell happened to R&B? It's like the new singers aren't even trying. I have been playing in a blues band for the past few months and the singer/guitarist is really into George Jones. That is one singing mf. Again I am forced to ask what happened?

Nov. 1978 - Van Halen's 1st Album was big when I dated my first girlfriend. Eddie VH was a new found guitar hero, adding a new chapter in the book of guitar playing. Although, at the time I thought his tone was a bit 'thin' and didn't see the big deal. Today, hearing 'You really got me', can put my brain right back there in '78. Matt
In two days, it won't matter.

Easy answer: Beatles' Michelle. I was in grade 5 and it was one of the very few songs we had that you could slow dance too. :) Frances and I dancing under the patio lanterns at my friend's summer party, and I got to walk her home (next street over from me). Musical significance? Wasn't the point at the time. But I can still play it and the scene in my head right now like it's video tape. Man if life could be that simple now.
It's OK to tempt fate. Just don't drop your drawers and moon her.

Peter Frampton,"Frampton Comes Alive" always be cherished. Aerosmith "Toys in the Attic". Zepplin III. In the love genre the one that hits hardest: " Sara Smiles" by Hall and Oates.Although my girl's name wasn't Sara, I can still see her face, feel her touch, and smell her perfume when I close my eyes and listen to that song. :love:
Out of the pan and into the fire!

Mercyful Fate, "Nuns Have No Fun"- I never really needed this one until I heard Stryper, then I needed it bad.... She put on this tune at her Catholic High School dance, and if you know the words that's a bit confrontational... Exodus, "The Exodus Attack"- Really mediocre tune, but she liked it, she knew all those guys.

A WOP BOP A LU BOP, A LOP BAM BOOM!

"There is nothing I regret so much as my good behavior. What demon possessed me that I behaved so well?" -Henry David Thoreau

i couldnt think of any when this topic first started, but i was just listening to Gil Scott-Herons 'Pieces of a Man' when the song "When you are who you are" came on. it made me feel all gooey and nostalgic, so i guess thats the song for me...
Visit my band : www.neonfleacircus.net or www.myspace.com/neonfleacircus

Archived