Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

What's your Favorite color?

Basshappi

For a drum kit.

I'm a real sucker for pearloid finishes especially white, looks so good under stage lights.The sparkly stuff is cool too especially Champagne. Hey what can I say, I'm just strange I guess.

I love how there seems to have been an explosion of selections in recent years.

So, what's your's? :D

Nothing is as it seems but everything is exactly what it is - B. Banzai

Life is what happens while you are busy playing in bands.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

-------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by Dr. Sweet Willie:

I've always been fond of black drumsets. Plus, everyone knows that black is louder.

-------------------------------------------------

Hmmm, I play a black drumkit and I've had three guitarists tell me that I'm the loudest drummer they ever played with - I never made the connection before!

Seriously, I'm a sucker for natural finishes. I once saw a bird's-eye maple set of Ludwigs that were my favorite object of GAS lust until Yamaha came out with their Oak Classics. Also, my first drum teacher had a beautiful set of cherry Yamahas that had the nicest kick drum I've ever heard.

I love liver but I am a true country boy. I'm thinking about covering my Gretsch Catalina Club with green sparkle from Barnard's drum wrap. I don't know why I bought two kits in white marine pearl.

Originally posted by ss:

I love liver but I am a true country boy. I'm thinking about covering my Gretsch Catalina Club with green sparkle from Barnard's drum wrap. I don't know why I bought two kits in white marine pearl.

Those Gretsch kits are very impressive. My local music store hangout has started carrying them. They have stuff ranging the Blackhawk kits all the way to the Renown Maples. :love:

I just checked out the Barnard's Drum wrap site. That is very interesting! I remember a friend of mine in high school could only afford a cheap makeshift kit, all mismatched and battered. He took it all apart and rewrapped them with red shelfpaper! :eek: You've come a long way baby! :D

Nothing is as it seems but everything is exactly what it is - B. Banzai

Life is what happens while you are busy playing in bands.

I know this is another thread but yes, the catalina clubs are impressive for their price. I also have a Ludwig fab 4 kit but usually it stays set up in one spot. The gretsch kit goes out and gets moved around all the time. I firmly believe that you can make a $500 kit sound great with the right heads (SKII, Aquarian Resonator, Emperor tom heads and an Aquarian texture coated clear dot snare) and tuning. Those heads work wonderful for my Gretsch club kit.

• 1 month later...

Archived