Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Dendy Bids Farewell!

djarrett

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My comments are on the main thread but I'll repeat that it seems at some point UEM must, by circumstances, be forced to better compensate those that support this operation. Would that they realize this soon.

Hey, Michael's Nose:

Yeah, I only did an acknowledgement posting here.

I understand that either one of two things will happen:

a) They will find someone to monitor the activity here (as they do not have a drum publication, and therefore lack internal drum knowledged folks), or

b) It will be closed and archived.

When I started this forum about 4 years back, it was an experiment to begin with. At that time, we had a drum channel on the Music Player site (when that site was a completely different animal than it is now).

DRUM! magazine was an official contributor to that site, and I was the Drum Channel Editor.

So, I suppose there will be no love lost by losing the drum portion of the forums.

DJ

I'm happy for you bro.

If you remember ... over 3 years ago these forums where shut down; we thought permanently. My response was to start my own forum, the DRUMMER CAFE , and not lose all the users and friendships we had developed here. I can safely say that if it was not for MusicPlayer.com and Dendy, there would be no DRUMMER CAFE .

May God continue to bless all that you put your hands to!

Drummer Cafe - community drum & percussion forum

Originally posted by Steve LeBlanc:

why did you kick me out of the Drummer Cafe Bart?

I planned to renew my VIP membership, if you don't want to answer here, send me an email

You weren't kicked out ... members who don't login to the forum after 3-months are removed from the database. Sorry this happened to you. I try to make a point to email VIP members, warning them that their account is going to be removed. In fact, I wait for over 120-days before removing accounts.

All of this is to keep members in the database who want to be there. We don't want to spam members with forum email and updates, so I figure that if you don't visit the Drummer Cafe for 3 or 4 months, you probably don't want to be a member anymore. I realize that this is not the case ... as with you Steve ... so I apologize for that. I guess I need to re-think my process.

Contact me at the Drummer Cafe if you need help or have further questions.

Drummer Cafe - community drum & percussion forum

Dendy, it would be really cool if you kept the mod job here at this forum and dropped all the time consuming web stuff you weren't being compensated for. Just really dig your input although I certainly don't blame you for bowing out after so much work and time consumed for no fee whatsoever. I'm thinking of Rob K. here.

You helped me once when my password went haywire and I really appreciated that you'd take the time to do it.

All the best with your family and your future projects whatever they may be.

You will be missed!

Archived