Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Who's Faster Tre Cool or Travis Barker?

lego

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I vote for Stephen Perkins..a bit more interesting than travis and tre.
To me, it's a good idea to always carry two sacks of something when you walk around. That way, if anybody says, "Hey, can you give me a hand?" You can say, "Sorry, got these sacks." -Jack Handy

Lego!

Welcome to MusicPlayer's Drum Talk. Please locate the "Inquiring Minds Want To Know" thread and tell us more about you there!

I am a huge WFD fan. I talk to the founder Boo McAfee at least once a week. I have to say ... I have seen Johnny Rabb in action up-close and personal and he smokes!

The fastest drummers that I have ever seen in action, however ... are the two feature snare drummers in BLAST.

For those who have never heard of BLAST, it is a new indoor Drum Corps experience. It is actually what Star of Indiana morphed into once they left DCI. It will be coming to a city near you soon!!

They sold out every performance in London England when they first started.

The two snare drummers engage in a mock snare drum battle where they dual each other with playing and choreography. It is way cool! ... and talk about fast drumming. These guys blaze!

You got to check them out.

Thanks,

DJ (dendy)(djarrett)

Thanks! so much for the welcome, i will locate the thread and fill you guys in. blast sounds like my kind of fun. I am kind of a freak in the fact that I am a girl and I like to go fast, oh! wait a min. all girls like to do that don't they? HAHAHAHA! (lol) Anyway I really liked the interveiw with Travis in MD. The amazing thing about being around these WFD Champions is the fact that they give so much of their time as instructors. When I first got into the sport side I didn't know what to expect, it was kind of like joining a bike gang, but I was in LA with Tim Waterson, Johnny Rabb, Rikki Rockett, Craig and Boo actually had me work that night to help out and I was amazed that all of these guys teach. Anyway thanks for the welcome! Anyother Ladies or Speed Heads out there?

I read somewhere that Travis did 1063 on the drumometer. I guess when he said he wanted to break the record he meant Johnny Rabb's record of 1071. Now he's got his goal set a lot higher trying to reach 1116. The advantage that he's got to catch Verdi is that Art is an old man and he's probably not going to go any faster. Travis is in his 20's and can still improve a lot.

you're so right, Travis has plenty of time to do it

try to imagine what art was doing in his 20's

if travis keeps it up, he just may do it.

I wouldn't say that art can't do better though

he must be in some shape, man

can you imagine 1,116 ( I think )

wouldn't you love to see the tape of arts solo that he sent to WFD, they said that Rabb said he was amazing

SoundZaps, good to see you!, yeah we have read about this left hand thing Art has going, did you figure it out? It is traditional grip but his first two fingers are running up and down the stick with some interaction from the thumb. i can't get it. I believe some of the corp guys do something close to this. Johnny however is straight french stlye tympani grip. i have seen him in person do it. Amazing! Yeah of that video of Art surfaces let me know. It looks to me like since he plays promark or his head company would have him do an online chat? anyway good to see you made the switch! bb

I don't know exactly what he is doing, i studied at npi and heard johnny and boo talking about it one day. it sounded like his left hand is in tradidional grip and he bounces the stick with his first two fingers, doing maybe a triplet pattern within the two hand roll. I still don't know though. I have left messages for "drummingnomore", several boards and also over at promark asking for more info on getting touch with Art. hopefully he will show up if he's not fed up. i think it is just showing him that this board is open to his accomplishments. hey, johnny went through the same thing, now look at him. djarrett had a good point about being ridiculed when he was in drum corp. it all good!

BB Thomas, what's the problem with Art Verdi's left hand that you can't understand? You were saying something about his two fingers on the stick. I wish you could tell me more about those two fingers on that stick.

Archived