Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Two New Reviews for your reading pleasure - - 4/20/01

djarrett

Hey Drummies (or in today's language ... peeps!)

I just launched two new reviews. Please check them out and come back and post some comments!

Review One: Yamaha Fiberglass Snare Drums --

http://www.musicplayer.com/CDA/Player/Main/1,2228,Reviews--5151576,00.html

Review Two: Tama Iron Cobra Junior Pedals --

http://www.musicplayer.com/CDA/Player/Main/1,2228,Reviews--5151577,00.html

Thanks,

Dendy

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey, Getting you guys to check out the MusicPlayer site and respond is like pulling teeth!

I want feed back Blame it!

I need to know what you guys think and what you want so that we can continue to grow the site in a direction that is helpful and informative!

Thanks,

Off my soapbox!

DJ

I don't need any snare drums or double pedals...I get bombed by advertising all the time for music stuff. And I thought the triplet exercise with the feet last week was...well, it wasn't my cup of tea. I'd rather keep my foot on one pedal at a time personally.

and, there u have it from felix.

Hey, that is great Felix!

There are those that might find the fiberglass snare drum as the answer they have been looking for!?!

And you are correct. The Three Pedal Ostinato is more of a specialty use application ... not a lesson you would apply everyday.

Thanks for the feedback.

DJ

Actually, I'd like to see more reviews on instructional stuff. Modern Drummer provides some, but there is a lot of stuff that doesn't get covered.

Actually some instructional stuff I could listen to in the car (not the constant please refer to page 25) would be awesome. Books are great, but there is a time and place for everything (under the sun!). Stuff that could be learned without having the book in hand. That'd be cool to know before buying.

Cymbals:

Look for more educational and instructional stuff coming up!

I will specifically be on the look out for audio specific material that does not require the constant referal to a book.

Thanks for the post in this thread!

DJ

Archived