Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

new players

West1871

when i got in my first band i had 1/2 a years experince, i almost got kicked out cause i sucked so much, but i improved and they kept me. when the band split and we all joined diff bands i turned down the offer to play for them, the auditioned players that have played longer than me but never in a band and were worse than how i was when i joined my first band, i think that new players should join a band as quick as possable, even if u are terrible you will improve, you will get so much better so much faster, just trying not to let people down, but in the band you find our own style, how you like to play whether its meat and potatos bass or awesome lead bass like chris barker from anti-flag. Opinions?

West

Play hard

express yourself

be free

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe you should play with a band as soon as possible when starting out. Find musicians that are at or around your abilities and make it go.

I believe this is one of the worst run-on sentences of all time: "when the band split and we all joined diff bands i turned down the offer to play for them, the auditioned players that have played longer than me but never in a band and were worse than how i was when i joined my first band, i think that new players should join a band as quick as possable, even if u are terrible you will improve, you will get so much better so much faster, just trying not to let people down, but in the band you find our own style, how you like to play whether its meat and potatos bass or awesome lead bass like chris barker from anti-flag."

I believe that this Chris Barker fellow is just another punk bass player. I just listened to a bunch of sound clips from Amazon.com. Nothing strikes me as revolutionary about him or the band.

I believe you should hang out here and learn some stuff! There's lots of stuff that one can learn here if one chooses.

Originally posted by robb.:

your influences suck! hang with me, and you'll learn new, cool stuff.

that's enticing, bump! ;)

robb.

I didn't say that. I just said that I found nothing revolutionary about him or the band. He sounds like any number of other punk bass players out there today. That doesn't mean I think he sucks.

the thing i like about him is that when u listen to punk, listen to punk music its all straight forward, he stepped out of the box and wrote more complicated lines, thats whats awesome about him, indie music is awesome too

West

Play hard

express yourself

be free

Archived