Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Cases And Bags

h364

I can't belive that the Fender Jazz would come with a flimsy bag. The last 2 basses I bought, I just asked the guy to throw in a hard case. Nothing special.

How much are you paying? I'd expect if you are spending £500+ on a bass that he'd oblige. The £70 for the case is retail value to you, NOT what he has paid. He is making money on the bass and the case. I know everyones got to make money, but asking dosen't hurt.

The main idea of a bag or case (less than a full flight case) is to keep the bass at a constant temperature/humidity and keep dirt and dust, and the elements off it while you move inside and outside. I'd never take it anywhere naked. The most protection you can give your bass is to be the one who carries it and packs it, and don't leave it lying around where it will get trodden on or tripped over.

Feel the groove internally within your own creativity. - fingertalkin

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I already got him to lose £140 off it, so really i might be pushin git asking for a £70 case, what i think i'll do is just pay like £30 and ask my man to upgrade to a fender deluxe gig bag, much better than the standard, and not as much as a hard case. Perfect!

Oh and if they are any other's who enjoy football out there my team Brandon Lads U14's won for the first time in 10 games! And my left back got punched in the face and broke his nose, i really dont want to be the person who did it right now!

Fair enough, that's a good deal already.

Sounds like the beginning of a comeback? Ouch for your left back. PhilW broke his wrist teaching footie in the spring.

During one game of rugby I tackled a guy and knocked him off the pitch. He didn't like it and jumped on me pinning me to the ground. The ref wouldn't stop the game as the ball was still in play. He pulled his fist back to punch me and just as I was thinking "My heads on the ground so he's really going to hurt his fist as well.", one of the Mums watching started bashing him with her handbag. I still remember his embarrassment. He was definitely NOT a 'Hard Case' ;)

Feel the groove internally within your own creativity. - fingertalkin

Oh Good! Glad you were ok, we Brits do love out sport! I play rugby too, i would like to play regulary but football takes up all the weekend, so istick for playing with the school, were the Suffolk Champions By The Way!

Turns out this kid is in trouble with the pigs now too! They come and questioned all the caoching staff, and spectators and he's under serious questioning, he's a boxer too, and im aware its illegal to do thing like boxing and karate out of the sport, even in self defence, so thi kid may be in serious trouble.

He has of yet got to face his punsihment from the footballing side aswell, he will probably get a nice fine, banned from his club, banned from the league, and may even be banned by the county football association! Now that would mean he will never be able to play here again! Which i think is 100% fair, it was completely unprevoked.

A little of topic guys, sorry!

I have never owned a gig bag, no matter how expensive, which can stand up to real life use. The strap pin WILL wear a hole in the bottom, the stitching on the carrying straps WILL come undone, the zips on the pockets WILL break, the controls and bridge cover on the bass WILL damage the interior of the case. Manufacturers just don't seem to consider the type of strain gear is under in the real world. That's why the casters keep breaking on my Ampeg 410 - I have to wheel it along the garden path and into the back of a Vaxhall Astra, it seems to be designed to be lifted from a truck by roadies and wheeled across the smooth floor of the venue - not an option for many of us.

I have both hard cases and gig bags made by Reunion Blues (I have a single and a double bag).

Anything in-town requiring taking the train or throwing the bass in the trunk of a car, I use the bags. The Reunion Blues bags are more than adequately padded and I've never had a problem.

If I'm flying, I pack the bass in a hardshell case and check it...never had a problem there either.

Electric basses are made of hard woods like maple, ash & alder...you don't need to be too precious with them.

Archived