Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Nice benchmark for your pitch perception skills

jitter

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

77.8 (28/36)

Not quite sure what that means. It's the Normal score (the majority of people taking the test get this). But he says that people who are tone deaf have a NORMAL musical memory.

So is this a test of musical memory that he is using so that he can select people with normal musical memory to then go forward to do more accurate pitch testing. i.e. if you do better or worse than the NORMAL you are not a suitable candidate for his experiments?

Feel the groove internally within your own creativity. - fingertalkin

In your face, T.o.L. :P 94.4% muahhahaha :D

(extreme luck surely played a factor; either that or very crappy office speakers are required)

My whole trick is to keep the tune well out in front. If I play Tchaikovsky, I play his melodies and skip his spiritual struggle. ~Liberace

I think i need to take the test again at home or with headphones.

One thing it did make plainly obvious was that I prefer focus my hearing better with my left ear, even though previous tests showed that hearing was almost equal on both sides. A doctor had damaged my inner ear was I was young (bad balance), and I had my hearing checked a couple of years ago after a bad ear infection. I was left with the feeling that 1 ear needed to be "popped" for a few months.

If you think my playing is bad, you should hear me sing!

Originally posted by Trucks.Of.Love:

Oh man... It was nice being the top of the class for once :(

:D

94.4 is pretty damn good!

Probably not a accurate evaluation of my skills. Like I said above, my score is more than likely the result of a fair amount of luck. I took a wild guess on more than a few.

You are very likely still the king, T.o.L.

My whole trick is to keep the tune well out in front. If I play Tchaikovsky, I play his melodies and skip his spiritual struggle. ~Liberace

Originally posted by Bottomgottem:

Originally posted by Trucks.Of.Love:

Oh man... It was nice being the top of the class for once :(

:D

94.4 is pretty damn good!

Probably not a accurate evaluation of my skills. Like I said above, my score is more than likely the result of a fair amount of luck. I took a wild guess on more than a few.

You are very likely still the king, T.o.L.

Phew!! Thats good to know! :D

Naa I couldnt give a monkeys really, but thought Id use it as an excuse to gloat at the bassists :)

Archived