Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

MarkBass - The Cure for GAS

Flemtone

Well, GC on 14th St. in Manhattan is richer, and I'm poorer as a result.

I'm so ashamed...

Wait.

No, I'm not! :D

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g63/flemtone/littlemark.jpg

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g63/flemtone/markbass151hf.jpg

I've never heard a better-spounding amp and speaker in my life. Every bass I own LOVES this set-up. Every little nuance in each instrument is brought right to the fore.

If you get the chance, try one out. Even if you don't buy one, bring your bass and plug it in thru a system like this. Guaranteed jaw-dropper.

The amp was $599, the speaker cab was $649, and both come with a 2-year replacement warranty, no extra charge. Not repair, replacement. Be warned, though - the prices that GC offers is non-negotiable. Hard-lined by the manufacturer. Not too bad, considering the MSRP for the amp is a grand and the speaker is about $1100.

Back to ramen noodle lunches for me. All hail the 10-cent meal.

Play. Just play.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by dcr:

Cool!

I'll be thinking about a rig like that in the next couple years. What's the wattage rating on that amp?

It's 300W @ 8-ohm, 500W @ 4-ohm. Apparently there's going to be a new line coming out of Markbass next year (at least that's the word I got from Ron at GC). Unfortunately, they didn't have the 1x15 combo amp. I really wanted to try that one out. This setup just sounds so sweet! I cranked my Ibanez Roadstar II fretless up on it tonight. It was orgasmic.

Yep, NUTT, light it is. The amp is 6.4 lbs, and the cab is 65 lbs. God only knows how heavy my Trace Elliot rig is (old 235 head and a 4x10 cab). It's a hernia-maker, though. Even the head weighs a ton.

My spine thanks me. :D

Play. Just play.

Oi, Villi!

After reading your post in the 'BP Live' thread about the Ibanez Roadstar bass, I had mentioned that I had an 80s Ibanez fretless, and it sounded great! After I got the new rig, I dragged out my fretless (after a few years hiatus) and, sure enough - Roadstar II.

You were right. They definitely rule the universe.

Looking forward to the next BBB!

-Tim

Play. Just play.

Congrats on the new gear. Some of us would have joined you at GC and gladly cheered you on.

Old bass players never die, they just buy lighter rigs.

Tom

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

Congrats on the new gear - I tested out the 2x10 Markbass cab at GC, and it sounded really nice.

Originally posted by Flemtone:

Originally posted by dcr:

[qb]Yep, NUTT, light it is. The amp is 6.4 lbs, and the cab is 65 lbs.

I'm confused - that doesn't seem so light to me for a 1x15. For example, an Eden 115XLT is 59 lbs, and an Epifani UL115 is 43 lbs. Is the MarkBass cab really 65 lbs?

Originally posted by Tom Capasso:

I vote this quote of the day. I may even put it into my signature!

- Tom Capasso, 11/9/2006

Archived