Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

cry baby wah w/ sansamp BDDI

Mr. Knowitall

Hi there. I'm having some trouble with my crybaby 105Q wah and the sound I get with it when using my BDDI. Whenever I play with both activated, I get a distorted, fuzzy wah. When the BDDI is deactivated, and I have the signal going through just the wah to the amp, I get a very clean wah sound. The sequence of the pedals is fine, and the levels for each are as they should be. Can anyone help me figure out how to get the clean wah sound using the BDDI (which I get a very clean sound from)?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What order are they in?

A) Bass -> Wah -> BDDI -> Amp

B) Bass -> BDDI -> Wah -> Amp

(A) is, I b'lieve, the correct signal path. If this is how you have it set up, then I'm stumped. Be sure to check cables and batteries/power supplies.

(B) will give you some trouble; the BDDI will output a signal that is too much for the wah to handle.

- Matt W.

Its the A configuration. I didn't think the crybaby could eat up batteries that fast, but I'll give it a try (getting a power supply for it in a few days). Would turning down the blend knob on the BDDI do anything? Perhaps allow more of the wah to enter the signal path? Thanks for your post.

Im assumig the BDDI is some kind of overdrive pedal?

If you want your wah wah sound more subtle and overdriven (i.e. it will just sound slightly wahhed and quite distorted) you do it config A if you want it more 'quacky' a la funk style you put the wah after the overdrive.

Yes you can get problems with config B as in overloading the wah input but this can be controlled with reducing the output of the overdrive.

With my guitar setup I prefer wah after overdrive in the chain to get that funky more distinct wah sound.

Archived