Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

I think Im done for a good while

FunkyLemz

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by davio:

I think he meant that his gear swapping tirade is over...and he's moving to LA for grad school and wants to find some groovy haunts.

He's leaving me but not leaving us.

Both are true - David you will be missed. You need to come and check out this Pedulla before I leave.

Originally posted by RicBassGuy:

Uh, how are you going to have time for grad school while touring/recording with the #1 unsigned band in America? ( Here, and the thread linked to within .)

:confused:

Since I don't know how often Mike checks the boards these days, I'll just tell you.

It was an unfortunate situation in which Mike expressed an interest in having some creative input in the music they play rather than having the guitar player say "Play this" for every song. They were looking for a professional musician who simply wants to tour, get a paycheck and stay in the shadows but Mike was more interested in a "band environment" in which they could collaborate on music and whatnot.

It was an unfortunate situation in which Mike expressed an interest in having some creative input in the music they play rather than having the guitar player say "Play this" for every song. They were looking for a professional musician who simply wants to tour, get a paycheck and stay in the shadows but Mike was more interested in a "band environment" in which they could collaborate on music and whatnot.

So, he stopped playing with them?

They were looking for a professional musician who simply wants to tour, get a paycheck and stay in the shadows but Mike was more interested in a "band environment" in which they could collaborate on music and whatnot.

That's a shame. I passed on a similar situation (on a much smaller scale). The biggest difference in my case was that they didn't even want to pay me. (All proceeds go towards promoting the band, yadda yadda yadda.)

It's an even bigger crime when the person writing the bass parts doesn't have a clue as to how bass functions in an ensemble.

With attitudes like these, it's no wonder a lot of original bands go through bassists (and drummers) like water.

Sure, there are people willing to be "hired guns", but I imagine they only stick around until something better comes along.

Now, to be fair, if I were fronting a band (as a guitarist), I'd want my existing material to be played the way I've already arranged it. I wrote the bass lines as a bass player, with bass in hand and years of experience playing bass behind me. For new stuff, I'd probably leave the arrangements up to the rhythm section. Why should I have to do their jobs, too, if I'm in a group?

Well, I don't know the specifics of what Mike went through. My comments above are of a general nature, and are not meant to cast aspersions on any group/persons in particular.

No doubt Arwin, we will definitely meetup. BTW -Im moving to East Pasadena. No more # unsigned band for Mike, but I am auditioning for this band myspace.com/viemusic so you never know.

I need to get the heck out of FL and there is no better place for me than SoCal.

It's an even bigger crime when the person writing the bass parts doesn't have a clue as to how bass functions in an ensemble.

With attitudes like these, it's no wonder a lot of original bands go through bassists (and drummers) like water.

True!

Archived