Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Warwick Cabinets and amps.

DavidMPires

Hello everyone

I have been reading alot about cabs and amps here and many people talk abgout Ampeg, aguilar, eden, Swr etc etc...

So my question is how about Warwick?

What do you fellow Lowdowners think about that.

They are cheap but I don't know if they are any good.

Any coments will be apreciatted.

Cheers

www.myspace.com/davidbassportugal

"And then the magical unicorn will come prancing down the rainbow and we'll all join hands for a rousing chorus of Kumbaya." - by davio

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have played through a Warwick head & 4x10 set up on a couple of occasions and found it a great sounding amp. It had a built in compressor and plethora of EQ plus various tone adjustments. It seemed to be a very flexible amp and I managed to dial a good sound very quickly. For me personally there may have been to much to play with on the head. My friend who owns the rig loves his!!

i used to demo basses through a warwick quad VI head and 411pro cabinet. i liked the tone so much, i bought a quadruplet preamp. now i use a bergantino cabinet, which is much easier to come by in the states. i forget who warwick hired to do their amps, but they do a good job.

the thing i love most about the quadruplet preamp (and therefore the quad heads) is that the center frequencies of the tone controls change for the different settings. there's a four-way rotary switch that chooses a pre-set voicing, and sets the center frequencies of the low and high controls differently for them. there's also a small tube power amp inside, so you get actual tube power tones, instead of just preamp tones. very good stuff that sounds great.

robb.

Originally posted by robb.:

...i bought a quadruplet preamp...

the thing i love most about the quadruplet preamp (and therefore the quad heads) is that the center frequencies of the tone controls change for the different settings. there's a four-way rotary switch that chooses a pre-set voicing, and sets the center frequencies of the low and high controls differently for them. there's also a small tube power amp inside, so you get actual tube power tones, instead of just preamp tones. very good stuff that sounds great.

Dig it -- a good friend of mine uses the Quad preamp and I've played thru his rig. Sounds great. Really nice preamp.

If the Warwick heads sound as tasty as the Warwick Quadruplet preamp, then all's right with the world.

Peace.

--Dub $$

spreadluv

Fanboy? Why, yes! Nordstrand Pickups and Guitars.

Messiaen knew how to parlay the funk.

Originally posted by Dr. Sweet Willie:

Dig it -- a good friend of mine uses the Quad preamp and I've played thru his rig. Sounds great. Really nice preamp.

i recall doing some personal mods on those. :D your good friend is a super nice guy that i'm looking forward to meeting some day. :thu:

robb.

I've had a deal of experience with them.

I own a Warwick Blue Cab 20. It's amazing! So nice I just wish my big rigs sounded as good :D

I have had a Warwick Take 12, and a Warwick Sweet 15 (actually 2 Sweet 15's).

I also own a Warwick 211 Pro cabinet, and a Warwick 410 Pro cabinet.

I really like their stuff.

Very nice tone indeed.

One observation with their solid state gear (in my experience of the Take 12, Sweet 15, and Pro fet heads) is that although the tone is wonderful, they do seem to lack headroom, and the wattage ratings (although they may be correct) seem quite optimistic - especially compared to my GK700RB-II.

All in all great stuff, and excellent value!

:thu:

Archived