Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

40th birthday today!

Gruuve

My quote of the day: "Gettin' old sucks...but it's better than the alternative."

My lovely wife really pleasantly surprised me with a great home-cooked dinner and a bag o' gifts. Big bag o' gifts in fact. Among quite a few other things, there were 10 DVD's, 5 of which were bass-related. She had asked me what I wanted a while back and I sent her a link to the BassBooks.com site with a list of DVD's that I thought would be interesting and help push me forward. I didn't intend for her to get every one on the list but she did. I now have the BassDay '97 Highlights DVD (Billy Sheehan, Oteil Burbridge, Dave Pomeroy, John Pattitucci, etc.), the Rocco Prestia Live at BassDay '98 DVD, the Victor Wooten Live at Bass Day '98 DVD, the Todd Johnson Bass Builders Technique DVD, and the StudioBassPlayer.com Walking Basslines DVD. Wow...those ought to keep me busy and out of trouble for a while. Plus, I got 2 concert DVD's...Journey and Dream Theatre, plus 3 good comedies. And that's just the DVD's...there were more non-musical gifts.

I might be feelin' old today, but at least I'm feelin' blessed to have such a wonderful wife!

:thu:

Dave

Old bass players never die, they just buy lighter rigs.

- Tom Capasso, 11/9/2006

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awesome! Happy biiiirthdaaaay tooo youuuu!

You are officially 28 years older than me!

Have a lot of fun. Especially with those bass-related DVDs.

And if there's one thing I have learned about birthdays, it's this: STUFF AS MUCH CAKE AS HUMANLY POSSIBLE INTO YOUR MOUTH.

It's your day. You can do whatever the hell you want!

:D:D Have an awesome year.

"My two Fender Basses, I just call them "Lesbos" because of the time they spend together in the closet."-Durockrolly

This has been a Maisie production. (Directed in part by Spiderman)

Originally posted by Pernax:

Congratulation Dave, 40 is a nice and round number! :wave:

It is indeed...the challenge is to not become nice and round myself!

Dave

- Tom Capasso, 11/9/2006

Originally posted by bass247:

You are officially 28 years older than me!

She likes rubbing the age thing in a bit, doesn't she? ;)

Many, many congratulations on surviving yet another year.

May the wind be always at your back, and your thumb's upstroke as lovely as it's down stroke.

(By the way, you are two years, two months and eight days OLDER than me.)

:D

My whole trick is to keep the tune well out in front. If I play Tchaikovsky, I play his melodies and skip his spiritual struggle. ~Liberace

Happy birthday Dave, and many more to come.

The reason they say you're going downhill after 40 is that your chest starts to slide downhill towards your midsection. LOL. Better start working on that now.

Here's to a good guy whose wife spoils him.

:thu::thu::thu:

Visit my band's new web site.

www.themojoroots.com

Originally posted by jlrush:

The reason they say you're going downhill after 40 is that your chest starts to slide downhill towards your midsection.

Heh...I've never been the stereotypical bass-playing "fat guy in the back"...but I'm workin' on it. :eek:

Thanks guys...definitely drink one for me! As I understand it, my wife has more celebrating planned for me (including my circle of friends I gather) this weekend. She had told me several weeks ago to insure that I'm not playing in church this coming Sunday morning...in fact, she said we likely won't even be going. Sounds like we're collectively up to some no-good :evil: ...I think I'll probably like it. :cool:

Dave

- Tom Capasso, 11/9/2006

by Dave Sisk:

Heh...I've never been the stereotypical bass-playing "fat guy in the back"...but I'm workin' on it.

I've got that part down pretty well. Let me know if you need any pointers. ;)

Visit my band's new web site.

www.themojoroots.com

I figure my fatness helps transfer the low end rumble to the staging area!! Happy Day Dave! Oh, if you ever feel that your wife isn't really cutting it, I have a list of DVD's that I could GLADLY send her way. :)

The Wooten BASSDAY is great (check out the 'lesson overview' in the main menu, it might be special features... blah blah blah.. I know you'll find it) and pretty much ANY DT DVD is a lesson in technical proficiency. And entertaining to boot. Wow, I felt almost Canadian there for a minute... I'm gonna go try to play some Rush.

Peace

Brocko

Don't have a job you don't enjoy. If you're happy in what you're doing, you'll like yourself, you'll have inner peace. ~ Johnny Carson

Happy birthday!

You think you are old at 40?

Wait till you hit 55... :(

Enjoy every single day of your life, because what you don't do now you will never do again in the future!

Korg PA3X Pro 76 and Kronos 61, Roland G-70, Integra 7 and BK7-m, Casio PX-5S, Fender Stratocaster with Fralin pickups, Fender Stratocaster with Kinman pickups, 1965 Gibson SG Standard

Archived