Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

specs for older trace elliot cab?

bradfordnotbradley

I've got one of the older trace elliot 4x10s and have been having a really hard time finding any info on it. It's the version that has the hoziontal vent without any of the round ports that are in the newer ones. I'm pretty sure that it was made in the 80's. I bought it used about 10 years ago. It came with a gp11 preamp and a tube power amp called the ra-500 super-x (any info on that would be great too). The trace website seems to be pretty worthless. I'd love to find out the model #, power rating, frequency response, etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by bradfordnotbradley:

I've got one of the older trace elliot 4x10s and have been having a really hard time finding any info on it. It's the version that has the hoziontal vent without any of the round ports that are in the newer ones. I'm pretty sure that it was made in the 80's. I bought it used about 10 years ago. It came with a gp11 preamp and a tube power amp called the ra-500 super-x (any info on that would be great too). The trace website seems to be pretty worthless. I'd love to find out the model #, power rating, frequency response, etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have a bunch of old Trace catalogs. I do not recall a Horizontal vent on a 4X10, but I have not looked at them in years. I will get them out this weekend or tonight if i have time and see if i can find any info on your gear.

:)

Well I dug into the "Archives" last night, and pulled out all my old Trace Elliot catalogs.

I found your Cabinet and Power Amp, but the catalogs I had were already into the GP12 series

on the preamps, so I don't have any specs on that.

Here is what I found:

Your Speaker cabinet is a Series 6, 1048 Classic.

300 Watts, 8 ohms, 97lbs.

Your Power amp is a RA500SX.

Twin Chanel Power Amp.

250 Watts per chanel into 4 ohms.

Switchable between Mono & Stereo.

Also Full Range and Bi-Amp settings.

Cross over variable between 250hz and 1 Khz.

Sorry I did not have any specs on the GP11.

Check out Talkbass.com & ebassist.com allot of Trace guys on both of those boards. I hang mostly at ebassist. Here is a link to my gear page if you want to check out my Trace amps.

http://ebassist.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=168

While looking at the catalogs I saw some side notes that said Rick Allen from Def Lepard used 12 Trace cabinets, and the original Bass player for Bon Jovi, Alec john Such had a 3.6 KW Trace rig suspened under the stage on the New Jersey album tour. :love:

Originally posted by bradfordnotbradley:

yeah, just the horizontal vents, no holes. with gp11 preamp. i have a combo like that ( right here ). i couldn't find any info on it either. i love my combo. not too heavy. nothing special. just good sound!

email them at info@trace-elliot.co.uk

When I had a question it was answered fairly quickly. I would have thought they would still have old catalogues.

Feel the groove internally within your own creativity. - fingertalkin

Archived