Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Modulus Replica/Copy

h364

Hi, every1, i first saw the modulus flea bass about 2 years ago, i quite liked the tone and just put it to the back of my mind and set my heart on a Mark Hoppus Signature Fender, but when brwosing a local music store, i noticed the flea bass on the wall, i gradually got closer, the sun set, sorry, lol, anyway so i asked the guy if i could give it a fingering, so anyway after about my first open e string i instantly loved it, every single thing, its just the bass for me, speically the carbon fibire neck. om my dear god they are the best! Anyway again i asked the dude how much, well i thought i was gonna cry! Way too much for me! So i was wondering if you know of any replicas or copies or anything thats sounds remotley like it! Thanks All!

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got bit by the graphite neck bug a number of years ago, and they really are fantastic. The even response, increased sustain and fantastic harmonics are tough to resist.

You might want to consider making a "project bass". The key element is obviously going to be the neck. Search eBay a bit and you might come across a decent neck. Any of the three companies that Maury listed are great, although you'll probably find more necks from Modulus Graphite and Moses Graphite out there. They've both made something of a name for themselves in selling replacement necks, so there's probably more to choose from that they've offered.

Obligatory Social Media Link

"My concern is, and I have to, uh, check with my accountant, that this might bump me into a higher, uh, tax..."

Archived