Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

My New Band !

Rocky McDougall

Three weeks ago I decided to form a new band. I put a few ad's in Craigslist and within a week, I had six very talented musicians in our first practice session. Bass, Drums, Rythm Guitar, Lead Guitar, Sax/Keyboards and a very, very good female vocalist. Our plan is to play great dance music based on Blues,Jazz and 60's rock & roll. Playing only for private parties, weddings and conventions. We already sound pretty good and I am very impressed. The objective is to play very simple music but play it extremely well with complex arrangements. The name of the bad is "Complex Simplicty"

Any words of wisdom will be appreciated.

Rocky

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb, voting on what to eat for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb, contesting the vote."

Benjamin Franklin

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oxymorons always work good for names.. I like it allot. Spell it Thanny style, yo! "ComplX Simplicty"

You having 6 people on the same page is totally impressive in itself!

With the holiday seasons comin' upon I wish you with no free weekends!

Peace

Brocko

Don't have a job you don't enjoy. If you're happy in what you're doing, you'll like yourself, you'll have inner peace. ~ Johnny Carson

Originally posted by thanny XIII:

i had a band once orderly chaos, we never even practiced.

That sounds reasonable to me.

"Orderly Chaos" I like that, sounds like my high school days.

:cool:

Rocky

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb, voting on what to eat for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb, contesting the vote."

Benjamin Franklin

My youngest lad (drummer) and two of his mates had a band called "Calm Aggression" when they were age 11 / 12 a couple of years ago. They did okay for their age to. Lots of appeal on the cuteness meter! (then, not now, the hormones have kicked in))
MUSIC is food for the soul

Archived