Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Setting the tempo. Bass or drum?

Ross Brown

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Rowbee:

And if he's really good you could give him a biscuit.

No,... "a drum stick,...(and yer brain stops tickin")

Nobody even referenced Keef, the drummer follows him and ever body else follows the drummer. It is a convesation. I like to talk to some people a lot and some not so much. Some of the drummers some of the time not all the drummers all the time kinda thing. All depends on who has what to say and who has the guts to say it. Much to our dismay some people have the guts to say it and no talent to say it with.

Heh...one of the drummers I play with has two tempos...fast-n-loud and slow-n-soft. I find I have to push and pull him constantly. At first it was really annoying...but after a while I got comfortable with it, and realized that just being able to push and pull a drummer (with all the noise they make around themselves) was a good skill to have. Now I think of it as helping me become a better bassist.

Dave

Old bass players never die, they just buy lighter rigs.

- Tom Capasso, 11/9/2006

Originally posted by Dave Sisk:

Heh...one of the drummers I play with has two tempos...fast-n-loud and slow-n-soft. I find I have to push and pull him constantly. At first it was really annoying...but after a while I got comfortable with it, and realized that just being able to push and pull a drummer (with all the noise they make around themselves) was a good skill to have. Now I think of it as helping me become a better bassist.

Dave

I'm gonna think about this one for a while. Right now, I'm just really annoyed with all the noise. But, somehow.... this could make me a better bassist?

Archived