Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

help needed in finding a bass store in San Francisco

hegi

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you have a car you should definitely make a trip 25 miles south to Gelb Music in Redwood City. You can get there by commuter train also. They have the best bass department in the entire San Francisco bay area.

In S.F. itself there is Guitar Center, Haight Ashbury Music Center (I've seen some models here that no one else seemed to carry), Real Guitars (often has rare vintage models..not cheap), Noe Valley Music, and others.

Subway Guitars in Berkeley is always worth a visit. It's a unique store with all kinds of strange stuff. It's definitely a cultural experience going in there as well. The store is "very Berkeley." It's also only several blocks away from me and I've been in there thousands of times over the years.

There is also the Starving Musician in Berkeley for used gear (I've sold some things . In El Cerrito there is a another Guitar Center and there is Music Works (where I often shop). In Concord there is still another Guitar Center and there is Spitzer's Music. And in San Jose there is still another Guitar Center and there is Guitar Showcase.

Guitar Center doesn't have the greatest reputation in many parts of the country, but due to the competition here they have better selection of instruments than stores in other parts of the country.

If you are coming to San Francisco, contact me, maybe I can meet you at a store if my schedule permits. (I live in Berkeley, 15 miles away.)

Originally posted by jeremy c:

If you are coming to San Francisco, contact me, maybe I can meet you at a store if my schedule permits. (I live in Berkeley, 15 miles away.)

This is worth the trip alone.

In addition to being a wonderful player, Jeremy also happens to be a very nice guy and a great hang.

Archived