Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Speaking of Prince...

bottle12am

I'm a huge fan of the Purple One, and usually am up on my Minnesota Musicology.

In the newest Bass Player, one ad has a pic of Mr. Victor Lamonte Wooten, with one of his credits listed as being a sideman for none other than the one we call Christopher, Camille, TAFKAP, TAFFY, Slave, and just plain ol Prince Rogers Nelson.

Any one has any info on this?... I guess I could just Google for the info, but where's the camraderie in that?

"Women and rhythm section first" -- JFP

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hmmm....dunno! I just checked allmusic.com and I saw no mention of him doing anything with Prince under his credits tab! But that's probably only referring to recorded bits. Maybe he did a gig (or 2) with him!
www.myspace.com/thefunkfather

From this website :

"leading to recordings and performances with artists like Branford Marsalis, Mike Stern, Bruce Hornsby, Chick Corea, Dave Matthews, Prince, Govt Mule, Susan Tedeschi, Vital Tech Tones (with Scott Henderson and Steve Smith), the Jaco Pastorius Word Of Mouth Big Band, and the soundtrack of the Disney film Country Bears"

He probably did some shows with him at some point.

Trying to think of when he could have played for Prince.

Andre Cymone, Brownmark, Levi Seacer jr, Sonny T, Rhonda Smith, Larry Graham..., bloody hell, what a list of bass players, in that order and Prince playing on all the steps in between. Did he play just after The Revolution split up? I'd like to know too.

Speaking of Brownmark, who's finest moment has to be on Baby Im A Star live from 1985, you know, from THAT concert "Hello Syracuse and the world my name is Prince...."; what did he do post Prince?

Right..., just off to try and play Let's Work...., again.

Archived