Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Aguilar AG 500-112C combo anyone?

Gruuve

Holy smoke...these combo's are $1600! My gosh, for that kind of money, it had better absolutely friggin' smoke. Has anyone ever played one of these, just out of curiosity? Is the price even remotely justified? Here's a new one on Ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7327468798&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

I don't intend to buy one...just curious about it.

Dave

Old bass players never die, they just buy lighter rigs.

- Tom Capasso, 11/9/2006

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I tried playing one about 6 months ago.. And yes, it is that good, IMO.. It's probably what I would buy if i was in the market for a new amp.. Maybe I could sell off all my Mesa stuff..

Current set-up:

Ibanez SR3005 into a Mesa WalkAbout head with a Mesa 2x10 Powerhouse

I played one over summer at hollywood GC. I was pretty suprised to find it there.

It sounded very good, handled a low b fine. It had a lot of punch and bottom. The overdrive worked very well in adding a more old school flavor to your sound. 1600 obviusly seems kind of high, doesn't it? I also remember bp mag saying it was very awkward to carry. As long as you're getting someting awkward to carry, might as well pick up a used db750 and gs112 :) It'll probably set you back jsut a little more than the combo, around 2000 dollars total

Seriously though, just for second. I know you have a berg cab as you're main squeeze. you might want to consider a berg ip112. I think it'll will cost abuot as much as the aguilar combo, and you can run it with your bp8 and call it a day.

Good luck Dave, these decisions ae hard to make.

Oh, like I said, I don't intend to buy one...don't need it. Just curious about it...it would have to sound absolutely phenomenal to justify the price. There's an Aguilar dealer locally...I may see if they have one just so I can say I've played through one. :cool:

Old bass players never die, they just buy lighter rigs.

- Tom Capasso, 11/9/2006

Archived