Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Heard of Jose Gonzalez? CD called Veneer.

Davo-London

Lowdowners I can't put this album away. This Swedish born, Argentine-parented acoustic guitarist is sublime. He plays flemenco guitar and sings. Yup, no bass, no drums just guitar.

"So what" I hear you say. Trust me on this one. Check him out. He's touring the US: http://www.parasol.com/labels/hiddenagenda/aha074.asp

Every song he uses non-standard tuning and fabulous non-shredding technique. He sings in immaculate english.

I'm glad to see he is playing Hammersmith in London in April: Phil W/Alex/Other Londoners any interest?

sleep-is-for-wimps :thu:

Davo

"We will make you bob your head whether you want to or not". - David Sisk

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I trust you Davo. How come you're still up at 1? I struggle to stay awake until midnight (unless I'm in the missle of a gig)

Yeah, Davo - been reading good things about him - can't remember the music from the ad - except it made me feel good - I watch so much TV with the volume muted - especially during the ads.

If you're going to see him Davo, I wouldn't mind coming along - depending on the date, of course.

I finally have some gigs coming up - and I've been asked to sing backing vocals (they've obviously never heard me sing). I found a great bunch of threads on here by searching - printed out a Real Book sized selection to read - much help.

Hey, I'm going off on a tangent, if you have any tips - PM me; this thread should remain about Mr Gonzalez. . . and bouncing balls ;)

Archived