Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Carvin R1000 and RL410T owners, PLEASE HELP!!!

Mr.Knowitall

Hi,

I'm really desperate to find out how to plug these two together the right way without blowing it up (Carvin R1000 head and RL410T cab). The amp isn't even mine (our guitarist's brothers, actually. Just use it for practice). Anyway, I went on the Carvin website and can't find the right manual. When I think I got it plugged in right, the cabinet really distorts, and the amp isn't even clipping. The cab is 8ohms, and the head is supposed to have an 8ohm output, but I can't figure out how to configure it correctly so that the stupid thing stops distorting. If anyone could just tell me step by step what to press and plug in where (the amp isn't at my house, so I'll have to right your directions down and use them) that would be great. Sorry if I seemed really angry, but this thing is really pissing me off. Thank you to anyone who at least read through my really long post.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mr. Knowitall, the fact that you have posed such a question is rather ironic.

Thank you.

1) Go to www.carvin.com

2) Mouse over the Customer Service menu

3) Click Manuals

4) Click R1000 Series II

5) Read

6) Use your browser's Back button

7) Click R600/1000, RC210, RL6815 "Cyclops" Series III

8) Read

Read both manuals, since I do not know which amp you are using (Series II or Series III).

Make sure you are using a speaker cable to make the connection between the amplifier and the speaker cabinet.

Originally posted by getz76:

Mr. Knowitall, the fact that you have posed such a question is rather ironic.

Ironic or oxymoronic? I think the latter, no?

Perhaps it's time for me to head to dictionary.com.

Anyway, hopefully getz76's guidance will help you out. The R1000 into an 8-ohm Carvin 4x10 should be plenty loud w/ out distorting. Please let us know if you continue to have distortion issues.

Good luck!

Peace.

--SW

spreadluv

Fanboy? Why, yes! Nordstrand Pickups and Guitars.

Messiaen knew how to parlay the funk.

Thank you all for replying. A guy on the Carvin bass amp forum had the same problem, and I learned a lot from those replies as well. The manual still doesn't make sense (the R1000 is a 3 series[sorry for not putting that in, getz]). I own an SVT-4Pro, and thought this should be a piece of cake. Any other replies or new info will still be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

P.S. Oh, and Mr. Knowitall. Just the name of a Primus song I like.

Hello again,

I just read this in the R600/R1000 Carvin manual, and need to know if it will work in my situation. Sorry it's so long, but I didn't know how to paraphrase it correctly:

:freak: The FULL RANGE mode of your RedLine bass amp works well with separate bass

and full-range speaker systems. Instead of using the Bi-Amp mode, you can simply

run AMP 1 into your bass speakers and AMP 2 into your full-range speakers using

the natural crossover frequencies of each speaker system. If you need deeper

bass or more highs, just turn up amp 1 or amp 2 for a balance sound. The front

panel X-OVER switch must be pushed IN for the FULL-RANGE MODE. :freak:

So, does this mean I could run Amp-1 into the 410 and just use that? Some guy on the Carvin forum was saying to use another cabinet as well, and that there would be less power going to both than if it were in Bridge mode. So will it work? Thank you again, and I'll try to keep future replies shorter.

Originally posted by Mr.Knowitall:

So, does this mean I could run Amp-1 into the 410 and just use that? Some guy on the Carvin forum was saying to use another cabinet as well, and that there would be less power going to both than if it were in Bridge mode. So will it work? Thank you again, and I'll try to keep future replies shorter.

With a single cabinet, I would recommend using bridge mono mode, which will give you more power.

With two cabs, whether I recommended bridge mono or stereo would depend on the cabs.

Peace.

--W

spreadluv

Fanboy? Why, yes! Nordstrand Pickups and Guitars.

Messiaen knew how to parlay the funk.

Archived